Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2006, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Haven\'t seen a good playalong for a while...sooted one-gap

[ QUOTE ]
i used to always check this flop, but recently i've found that people cant resist continuing their preflop aggression on the flop. so i donk it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

But boz, come on, for the love of mason, change your title so we can view the hand street by street and not see the river before the turn, then we might have a good play along.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But boz, come on, for the love of mason, change your title so we can view the hand street by street and not see the river before the turn, then we might have a good play along.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what this means. And, sorry I've been away so long; glad to see the flop generated as much discussion as I hoped it would.

My thinking on the flop is as follows: I think the likelihood is that UTG is a weakling, but might have a hand. MP3 is likely brain damaged, and that means might fold something I want him to fold or call with something I want him to call with. And CO could be appropriately defending a legit hand, or could be a LAG; either way, I'm ahead of his range at this point. So, I bet, both for value from MP3 and to see if CO would force out UTG for me. And on we go:

PokerRoom 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Asterix The Gaul is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Asterix The Gaul posts a blind of $1. MP3 posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Asterix (poster) raises</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, Asterix calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Asterix bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG calls, Asterix ?

Well, eff me. So nobody's going anywhere, eh? I still think I'm ahead of everybody, but I've tightened up CO's range a bit, now. My inclination is to call, can anybody make an argument for folding or 3-betting?
Old 08-02-2006, 09:10 PM

The only option here is to call.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can anybody make an argument for folding or 3-betting?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, and no...Call and turn a 9
Old 08-02-2006, 09:16 PM

uroneaggressivemofo. Seriously. Please don't tell me the next move you made was the 3-bet. Please? I'm still not convinced that donking the flop is the best strategy. You obviously have odds to call the raise now. The pot is huge. I will petition to instaban anybody who says fold.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
can anybody make an argument for folding or 3-betting?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, and no...Call and turn a 9

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, better than that:

PokerRoom 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Asterix The Gaul is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Asterix posts a blind of $1. MP3 posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Asterix (poster) raises</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, Asterix calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Asterix bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG calls, Asterix calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, Asterix ?

Plan, anyone?

(Jeez, Str8, if you can't be this aggro you need to tuck up your knickers a bit.)
Old 08-02-2006, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My thinking on the flop is as follows: I think the likelihood is that UTG is a weakling, but might have a hand. MP3 is likely brain damaged, and that means might fold something I want him to fold or call with something I want him to call with. And CO could be appropriately defending a legit hand, or could be a LAG; either way, I'm ahead of his range at this point. So, I bet, both for value from MP3 and to see if CO would force out UTG for me. And on we go:

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! You develop reads quickly.

You can't fold, you have odds to draw to your nines alone. Raising would reveal all your strength. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I think I would call.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:41 PM

I usually c/c the turn here with outs.

Sorry... I'm just surprised is all. I don't see the point... the flop is so large, why would UTG fold anyway? Also, you don't know that CO is going to raise to try to force UTG out. Just because he did raise here doesn't mean he'd do it all the time. Plus, why would we want UTG out anyway? If he's calling with crap, we want him in in later streets anyway. We don't want an idiot to fold his pair of 2's or whatever he has. Your flop bet did nothing but bloat the pot and make it harder for you to defend your hand on the turn.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow! You develop reads quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

A reasonable criticism, but they're all based on a "standard" online 1/2 player:

* UTG limping into 3 posters means he wants to be in on what's going to be a big pot, but he doesn't have anything close to a decent hand or he'd be raising.

* MP3 cool-calling means roughly the same as CO's limp. He's got two cards, and has already put money into the pot.

* And, as I said, CO is either defending a legit hand (TT+/AQs+) or he's building a pot for the fun of building a pot (any two cards); since these two possibilities are about equal, or even if you weight it towards the first range AND include 99 in that range, my pair of nines is ahead of his range, and has outs against everything I'm behind (except 99, to be completely accurate, but that's a pretty unlikely holding given that we know where 2 of the 4 9s are already).
Old 08-02-2006, 09:51 PM

That wasn't meant to be criticism. I understand your reasoning.