Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2006, 02:28 AM

Default Re: 77 on JJ7 slowplay or bet hoping someone has J?

[ QUOTE ]
RichGambler,

Your analysis is atrocious, you've definitely got no room to berate others for their advice (whether flawed or not).

[/ QUOTE ]

Im tired of overly aggresive players who saying raise bet raise reraise you have pair of 55 you should reraise preflop to find out if your 55 is good and stuff like this.

And then when guy loses 100BB with AA on 856 flop "hey it was the best play" nothing i can do he caught set of 55

There are hands like AA KK QQ JJ that are best for heads up play and there are hands like 1010 99 88 77 or suited connectors that are best in multi way pot.

Read it again that most $$$ you make when your opponent gets strong hand and you get better hand then his and when you both or when you have implied odds for a draw or from overly aggresive donk who cant fold AA when you get set.

I can guarantee you that if you go to PT you gonna see that hands AA KK QQ JJ 1010 AK AKs AQ AQs will have 70% profit of all your hands.

I doubt you gonna show substiantial profit with other hands for the simple fact that when you get KJs statistically you gonna be dominated those times when you get Jxx flop and QJ or J10 gonna call you you gonna lose almost same amount when you run into AJ

So all this advice raise 15%+ hands big cant help it really and you arent gonna make more $$$ with crappy hands but i know 1 thing for sure that you can lose much more when you overplaying that crap.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So all this advice raise 15%+ hands big cant help it really and you arent gonna make more $$$

[/ QUOTE ]
ORLY? (some recent stats from NL games short/full)

RichGambler, raising 55 preflop is not 'to find out if your hand is good.' I suggest you read this thread, it's got some good info on why to raise preflop although it's directed mostly at shorthanded games.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:31 AM

Guys seriously, RichGambler is really getting into a huge problem this entire forum has. We should not be berating him, we should be idolizing him.

After all you can guarantee that this way that he plays his AA KK QQ AK will get us 5BB 10BB 20BB = more $$$ in the long run
Old 07-31-2006, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So all this advice raise 15%+ hands big cant help it really and you arent gonna make more $$$

[/ QUOTE ]
ORLY? (some recent stats from NL games short/full)

RichGambler, raising 55 preflop is not 'to find out if your hand is good.' I suggest you read this thread, it's got some good info on why to raise preflop although it's directed mostly at shorthanded games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok 1 more time...

The most $$$ you make when
1. Oponent have strong hand you have stronger.
2. when you call raise with some hand and you get better then 1 pair so you stack aggresive player with AA KK or QQ.
3 when you get set like 99 on A9x flop and guy has AK or AQ.
4 when you have pot odds to chase draw

lets say you raise 89s 4x and then you make CB of 6x after flop. lets just say that with the hand like that you gonna get 2 pair or better on flop 4%.

Remember every time there is 30% chance you gonna run into AA KK QQ JJ AK these are reraising hands. So 3 out of 10 times you gonna get reraised.

Let me tell you my reasoning about limping Pocket pairs like 77 88 99.

1st the more players entering the pot when you have 77 88 or 99 the better. Because you pray for them to get 2 pair when you floped set. You want lots of draws so you could bet pot size and someone would call.

You want SB or BB see flop cheaply and 6% of the time get 2 pair. with the hand like that. And if you get set at the same time you gonna win big.

when there is no raise preflop and you have 88 and flop is A8x you can get paid even if opponent has A10 AJ AQ since there wernt raises preflop so there is no point for him to believe that his hand is bad.

If you wouldve raised taht hand he might think you have AK or AQ and hes gonna fold.

Another point is that you get set 7.5-1 if while the pot is small its very easy to get those 8BB back once you hit a set since someone gets a peace of the flop and its cheap to see the turn.

If you wouldve raised 3x and got 2 callers you have to make 7.5x3BB=22BB just to be even.

Besides those stats that you are showing are for shorthanded play. Shorthanded play is completely different game then 10 handed. Since you facing 2 times less opponents and its 2x more likely you gonna steal blinds.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:00 AM

I'm lead to believe RichGambler is the best gimmick account ever
Old 07-31-2006, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm lead to believe RichGambler is the best gimmick account ever

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? what is that suppose to mean?
Old 07-31-2006, 04:24 AM

Yves? Is that you?
Old 07-31-2006, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yves? Is that you?

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you think so?
Old 07-31-2006, 05:47 AM

RichGambler: You are missing a critical point when you say "30% of the time someone has JJ+/AK at a 10 handed table".

That is the very reason we don't raise 77 in early position. But if it is limped around to you in late position the chance of someone having such a hand if there is no reason is much smaller.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:18 AM

LOL!!!!! enough said