Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2006, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Cheating at PP

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, this is not 'cheating'. It is an option that partypoker allows just as "blendedsuit" pointed out. Play somewhere else or at different tables, not that hard.

And also...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-30-2006, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry but there's no way what he's doing is +EV. Just let him screw himself. who cares?

[/ QUOTE ]
First of all I have doubt this statement is correct in a full-ring game with a 2/3 blind structure such as Party 15/30. In general you cannot dismiss this issue by saying that Villain is not profiting from his actions.

Anyway the fact that Villain's play is -EV is irrelevant. Winning players care about their own EV and not their opponent's. In a multiplayer game these are not the same thing.

The player on Villain's left never pays the big blind. This player has a huge advantage and is gaining much more EV than Villain is losing. The cheating play is very +EV when viewed from the joint perspective of Villain and his left-hand opponent. Between them they are missing out on paying both blinds in exchange for not getting dealt one hand on the button.

Where does this +EV come from? The rest of the table naturally, because there isn't any other possible source.

In particular, it is nearly impossible for the player on Villain's right to beat the game under these conditions. Missing out every orbit on playing in the cutoff seat is almost too big a handicap to overcome. Certainly the cheating hurts him so badly that he needs to change tables. Most of the players would probably be better off changing tables.

Even the recreational losing players are being cheated. Not only will they lose faster, but the cutoff is a fun seat because you can play a lot of hands and postflop play with position makes you feel smart.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This has been thoroughly discussed.

The -EV of missing the button is larger than the +EV of not playing the small blind. Anyone exploiting this bug is hurting himself, especially at 6 max tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a full ring game, it's not at all clear this is -EV; may well depend on your style and/or details of the structure. A friend of mine is a multitabling 15-30 pro, where SB is 2/3 BB, and his PT stats definitely show +EV for the blind skip. So guess what - he skips it every time. He is always happy to quote the exact value/hand, expressed in $/hr, BB/100, or any metric you're interested in for every subtle nuance in his strategy. This particular move is one of his favorites.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:27 PM

And by the way, count me among those who say it's definitely not cheating. It's not as if Party doesn't know about it, or couldn't easily change it if they wanted to.

Now here's the Party bug that really annoys me - the incorrect blind placement when the BB busts out in a SNG. The guy to his left gets a free pass on the BB.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:11 AM

Default Re: It\'s not a bug

wow you're sincerity is so amusing.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And by the way, count me among those who say it's definitely not cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

poker players are the biggest douchebags in the world
Old 07-31-2006, 03:41 AM

I would follow him around, and sit on his left HUGE +EV!!!!!...if I couldn't have set to his left...just unjoin wait list and join again, and take another shot at getting the seat to his left.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:49 AM

what you talking about willis?
Old 07-31-2006, 09:24 AM

If the site allows it, how can it be "cheating"?