Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2006, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Sports Video Games: the thrill of vicotry and the agony of defeat

Summer of 1986, "Double Dribble". Other kid is Los Angeles, I am Boston. I am up 170-168, one second left. He says "Too much time." Kid inbounds ball, launches full court shot, I quit Nintendo for a month.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:53 PM

I have never had the thrill of vicotry. Whats it like? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2006, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never had the thrill of vicotry. Whats it like? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL SO FUNNY
Old 07-20-2006, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'ev nveer watsed myy tyme corectting typoos onn tha intrnt.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:00 PM

Best:
last week a buddy and I were playing MarioKart for the SNES. We bet $20 on a race of Ghost Valley 1. If you dont remember its the course with the bridge and you can get on the bridge (shortcut) if you have a feather. So im behind on the last lap and get a mushroom, i use the mushroom on a jump thats there and fly onto the bridge and he runs into my kart to push me across the finish line and i win $20.

Worst: MVP baseball 2005, im the Cubs and he's the Red Sox. Im throwing a perfect game into the 9th with Carlos Zambrano, but the score is 0-0. With 2 outs, he hits a walkoff homerun with [censored] Pokey Reese to win. I flipped out.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:06 PM

Best Moments:

Playing Madden 05 Rushing Attack online, I had the guy who was ranked 1st in the actual game disconnect on me numerous times as I was destroying him in this 'mini-game'. My record that year was 1250-300. My record in Madden 06 Rushing Attack online was 650-72. What these records don't show are the times where people disconnect because they are getting pummeled (it happens a lot).

Also... I suck at the actual game online, as I mainly play rushing attack. My record was something like 8-10 in 05. I did have one amazing game though. I was playing this 14 year old kid from down south who I talked to over the mic the entire game. I was the Vikings and he blitzed the guy who was on Moss every play. This led to HUGE passing completions and many touchdowns. This kid also passed on almost every down so the clock like never ran. In online play (5 min quarters) I beat him 114-14... and I suck at Madden.

HAHA

Worst: Going through a fantasy draft with a few of my buddies to setup a season in Madden. We then proceeded to do all of the mini-camp stuff to improve our players. I had Vick as my QB and we ALWAYS play with injuries turned off. Well when we simulated the pre-season, the setting was turned on and Vick got injured for 12 weeks with a broken something. UGH... so I had some no-name 75 rated QB for 12 weeks. I don't think I finished the season.. I'm a pussy like that [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Damn Auto-Save... BAD BEAT!!
Old 07-20-2006, 06:16 PM

Worst moment I've ever seen was in college between two of my roommates. We were playing a franchise season in madden w/ all 4 of my roommates, so needless to say things would get quite competitive. Well of my friends were playing late in the season, and Friend #1 was down 4 with 10 seconds left, throws an INT at the 2 yrd line, he gets really pissed and throws the controler down and leaves our family room, swearing and such. Friend #2, being the cocky bastard he is decides to throw a bomb on the final play of the game. Well CPU intercepts it, and returns it for a TD, I'm laughing my ass off, and Friend #1 comes back in to see his team winning the game.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Worst moment I've ever seen was in college between two of my roommates. We were playing a franchise season in madden w/ all 4 of my roommates, so needless to say things would get quite competitive. Well of my friends were playing late in the season, and Friend #1 was down 4 with 10 seconds left, throws an INT at the 2 yrd line, he gets really pissed and throws the controler down and leaves our family room, swearing and such. Friend #2, being the cocky bastard he is decides to throw a bomb on the final play of the game. Well CPU intercepts it, and returns it for a TD, I'm laughing my ass off, and Friend #1 comes back in to see his team winning the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Winner!
Old 07-20-2006, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing a 2 on 2 Madden game at a New Year's Eve party. I KR at least 2 TD's a game using "Matt Magic" aka, running like it's TSB by going backwards, sideways while the other team misdives at me. After my second KR TD in a game, my partner asks to return the next kick. I let him, and he takes it back for the TD.

[/ QUOTE ]

kinda like this?

Old 07-20-2006, 07:28 PM

Great thread.

My buddy and I would play NCAA '02 for days on end. When we started, we both picked a random major conference school and played dynasties. He was Nebraska and I was Miami. Nebraska still ran the option in the game at the time. We would each take turns, like he would play Nebraska @ KState or whatever, then I'd play Miami @ Syracuse. We played out 4 seasons, and each season we played in the title game against each other. And each year I beat him. It was always at least a 10 point win. In those 4 seasons, he had the Heisman winner 3 times. Our 5th season, we turned the difficulty all the way up, and both went 7-5 and played against each other in one of the 2nd tier bowls! I still won.

Good memories.