Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2006, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Event #26 $1500 PLO [{{((w/ rebuys))}}]

I would think having a new rebuy tournament starting a few hours later would also have an impact on how you might play the first tournament. If I had the money, I think I would play somewhat faster planing to play at the later tournament if I bust out.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:33 PM

Like the post Harry made over at FCP, this post on The Hendon Mob by Neil "Bad Beat" Channing seems to confirm that the "top pros" lobbied Harrah's to change the event to having rebuys, to "buy a bracelet". If true, it seems the greed of some professionals continues to edge towards Harrah's level.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
while that was clearly what the tournament office was trying to communicate on the phone, it now appears that the noon tournament will be without rebuys and there will be an ADDITIONAL TOURNAMENT at 4pm WITH rebuys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Confirmed. Freezeout to start at 12:20 PM, rebuy at 4:00 PM. It was not clear to my friend whether they are both bracelet events.

Probably they'll have the winner of each event play heads-up NLHE for the bracelet. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unreal. I just woke up. I want to play the freezeout. I hope I can still get in. What a joke.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
while that was clearly what the tournament office was trying to communicate on the phone, it now appears that the noon tournament will be without rebuys and there will be an ADDITIONAL TOURNAMENT at 4pm WITH rebuys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would REALLY love to hear Daniel's reaction to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard that his head exploded. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

*Insert Scanners picture*

Although I think it's the best option to add the second tourney, since the people who thought it was freezeout would be upset if there was no freezeout and those who thought it was rebuy would be upset they were wrong, this seems to appease both sides.

And we all know with Harrah's in charge, an extra tourney should be no problem... oh crap. This is going to be a trainwreck
Old 07-17-2006, 04:29 PM

It's going to be quite the trainwreck, eventually there'll be 5 tournaments going at the same time today
Old 07-17-2006, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would REALLY love to hear Daniel's reaction to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard that his head exploded. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

*Insert Scanners picture*

Although I think it's the best option to add the second tourney, since the people who thought it was freezeout would be upset if there was no freezeout and those who thought it was rebuy would be upset they were wrong, this seems to appease both sides.

And we all know with Harrah's in charge, an extra tourney should be no problem... oh crap. This is going to be a trainwreck

[/ QUOTE ]

...and all this without having enough dealers for PLO as it is.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:50 PM

just heard on the grapevine - the rebuy event at 4pm will be a bracelet event.....
Old 07-17-2006, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Probably they'll have the winner of each event play heads-up NLHE for the bracelet. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Nothing like soda thru the nose to wake me up. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2006, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just heard on the grapevine - the rebuy event at 4pm will be a bracelet event.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean the $1,500 PLO (no rebuy) is not? Imagine the uproar there'll be if that was the case.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
those who thought it was rebuy would be upset they were wrong, this seems to appease both sides.

[/ QUOTE ]

And who exactly were those people who thought it would be a rebuy? The one or handful of pros who lobbied/bribed the organizers to make it one, at 5 PM the night before the tournament, after it had been scheduled as a freezeout for 6 months?

There is an overwhelming stench around this whole event. Adding a tournament to the schedule in this way is so unbelievably unprofessional that Cash, Hookers, and/or Blow must be involved somehow.

CHB, baby. I hope somehow we get the real story eventually, although I highly doubt it.