Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2006, 09:34 AM

Default Re: Two possibly interesting WW metagame plays

[ QUOTE ]
well, i'm a fan of fake seering (obviously) and feel it can help out the village

btw, confusion is bad for ANYONE that it confuses

if a villager fake seers, then that confuses the wolves as well...that's different than confusion that only confuses the village, as wolves already know who the non-wolves are

[/ QUOTE ]

The wolves are only confused by a fake seer if the seer doesn't name a wolf as one of the villagers they "saw", as happened yesterday. If this happens, the only result is to confuse the village and to narrow down the possible night kill choices for the wolves.

Also, the seer is probably forced to waste a view on you since once a player becomes known for always fake seering as a villager, eventually they will try it as a wolf. If dmk had kept his mouth shut in the game yesterday, there's a reasonable probability I would have suspected you of this and lynched you.

Alternatively, you may force the real seer to come out prematurely.

In short, fake seering is only ever good if there's a high probability that you can get the wolves to eat you. For this to be true you must be pretty sure that two people are villagers, which suggests that your best play might instead be to use that knowledge to figure out who the wolves are and kill them. Fake seering is therefore best used either in a larger game where knowing who two villagers are doesn't help that much, or in a situation where the village is looking like lynching someone you are SURE is a villager.

Nich, if you keep doing it in every turbo, I will definitely start lynching you for it.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:51 AM

what the hell is going on? I haven't ventured into this forum in months and now it's super complicated. I feel more lost here than I do in High Stakes Limit.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what the hell is going on? I haven't ventured into this forum in months and now it's super complicated. I feel more lost here than I do in High Stakes Limit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dear eviljeff,

Don't let them fool you. Nothing's changed much since you last played. It's just that the people here are experts in making it sound like they know what the hell they're talking about. They throw 345426th and other random "thinking level" numbers out there, add probabilities and calculations to their posts, assign fancy names to certain plays, reference recent games and events that you weren't part of, and are aware of the current trends for wolves, seers, and villagers.

It's all EXACTLY the same as it was before. Just play a few games and you'll catch up. If they say "BobO's theory of TEH VILLAGER TELL" or "don't say 'you wouldn't do that as wolf' " or "the dual bandwagon approach will reveal the status of both players in round one" or "ZOMG I'LL DRINK THE POTION!!"......what you're seeing is us being retards, and it's all one big crock of sh!t -- trust me.

There it is. The real truth for you. Welcome back. We'll see you in the games soon.

Sincerely,
OH

EDIT: If you think I'm metagaming to try and suck you back in, you're dead wrong. Ask anyone around, and they'll tell you how I think on the 0th level.