Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2006, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Break time stat post. First 30k hands

[ QUOTE ]

WAit WAit WAit!! When you guys put the checkbox on the "show only hands that were not folded" You guys have a green number?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm.. If i read that right. Then yes, i usually win more money with the cards i play than the ones i fold. Its hard to have a positive win rate with aces when you fold them.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

WAit WAit WAit!! When you guys put the checkbox on the "show only hands that were not folded" You guys have a green number?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm.. If i read that right. Then yes, i usually win more money with the cards i play than the ones i fold. Its hard to have a positive win rate with aces when you fold them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong but I believe this means POST-flop.

I.e., if you folded a one-pair hand on the turn, it is not included in this view.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:41 AM

Heres mine [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2006, 01:55 AM

My stats reiterate the same thing. You are leaking huge money on 1 pair somehow, so start to post up some overpair and other one pair hands. What do your AA-TT, AK/AQ stats look like?
Old 07-06-2006, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are TONS of hands you can play profitably for half the big blind after two or three limpers at a no-limit table: any pair, any two broadway, any suited ace or king, any suited connectors, any unsuited connectors, any suited one gaps, any unsuited one gaps, and probably others that I'm not comfortable playing. So long as you don't get married to a second-best hand, the pot odds and implied odds are OBSCENE, and you can fold the flop 95% of the time and STILL turn a profit when it hits you like an anvil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Small blind sucker punch, anyone? Dont play loads of hands from the SB just cos its half price. This quote of playing a ton of junk and still turning a profit.. roffle.. complete bull.

Im also losing money with 'one pair'. Is it *really* possible to win $ with one pair, over a large sample? Edit - OK I just realised this is with regards to showign only hands that were not folded.. in which case I am making a small amount of $
Old 07-07-2006, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Small blind sucker punch, anyone? Dont play loads of hands from the SB just cos its half price. This quote of playing a ton of junk and still turning a profit.. roffle.. complete bull.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't assume that just because you don't complete many hands from the small blind it therefore must be unprofitable to do so. It's obviously table-specific and image-specific, it requires good postflop skills, and there are risks involved, but when you've got pot odds of 9-to-1 it will be a rare hand that's not worth playing preflop, especially with implied odds that could easily make the hand play more like 20-to-1 or more.

My VPIP from the small blind has been running at about 45% over the past 11k hands, and on average I win back about 70% of the forced blind from that position. In other words, I've been forced to pay $1,003 from the small blind, but my net loss from that position has been $299.05.

So calling my assertion "complete bull" might be a bit excessive.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:43 PM

Lots of good analysis so far. I will just say one simple thing and that is that you should probably tighten up to like 20/12.

You are clearly a good holem player, but still new to NL. During my first 100k hands or so at 50 and 100NL, I played at approx 20/10 and was beating the game for at least 5-7 PTBB/100. This is not a boast, I was not great then, and still have tons to learn.

The point I am making is that these lower limit games can be beaten at a decent winrate even if you are playing pretty tight. I agree with many others that playing 25/15 will lead to some tough decision for a newcomer at NL.

I say try tightening up for a while. Your winrate will likely increase, and you will continue to learn NL so you can play LAGier in the future, and move up in limits.

Good Luck.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:57 PM

Kinda OT, but how do you guys post your Tracker numbers on the forums? I would love to post a summary and see how it looks to you guys???