Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2006, 12:19 AM

Default Re: PS 2/4 - ATs facing a 3-bet preflop

[ QUOTE ]
Check your PT position results. Anyone have a positive ATs UTG over 100k+ hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have DB of 80K+ hands. I filtered the following:
-not a blind
-put money in
-more than or equal to 6 positions off the button (I did 6 because most pots are 9 and 10 handed.

I showed a profit will all hands but: KJs, 88 (showed profit w/77).

IMO, I don't even think a 100K hand db would be a good enough sample as the biggest sample I have for these hands is just 111 for KQo, and that clearly is not enough.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Check your PT position results. Anyone have a positive ATs UTG over 100k+ hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

i have well over 120k hands

i don't know if this is big enough sample for the specific hand but i have ATs 16 times total in UTG EXactly, and i've got 1.26 BB/100 on it....

ATs is never a fold UTG... it's even profitable to call 2 cold with 3 limpers (cold callers) + blinds (calling the raise)

i believe this was a UTG preflop call, raise can be marginal, but i believe this hand is definitely -EV if folded (due to the blinds)
Old 06-29-2006, 02:38 AM

Ten handed I DO NO raise this UTG.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:13 AM

Limp ATs UTG, either fold or limp A9s, fold any other Axs from early position. ATs is worth playing for 2 bets as well, you'd raise it yourself from middle position, first-in. You also raise it from late position with limpers. Folding ATs is a mistake. Actually there's a bit in SSHE saying that "not raising ATs might actually be a worse mistake than limping 27o". But it's definitely not an early raise, in most other cases it is. Anyway, that's how I see it.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:09 AM

too bad this thread turned into a discussion on whether or not one should play ATs UTG.

regarding the OP's question...do you know anything specific about him? there are people that will go to showdown HU w/ an overpair to the second rank on the board every time.

is the guy a 3.3 AF b/c he bets/raises up a storm all the time, or is he laggy preflop but weak tight post flop and folds a lot?

i feel that these two questions are huge to answer in this situation. i've never been a fan of WA/WB, and won't advocate it against a really aggressive player since you may end up folding the best hand after putting in multiple bets.

i believe a c/r is just about the worst thing to do since it let's big pairs off the hook easily while getting punished bad when you're behind (i used to c/r get called, bet get called, bet get raised, and vomit on my screen).

just calling villain down is an ok thing to do given the high AF. i think i like this a little better, tell me what you guys think (hope the number makes the paths easier to follow):

flop: 1) bet and call a raise
2) bet and get called

turn: 1) check/call
2) bet and get called
3) bet and fold to a raise

river:1) check/fold
2) check/call