Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2006, 01:39 PM

Default Re: NOTICE TO JANBENNETT

I only talk in the chatbox when I've just lost a big pot and pick up AA/KK the very next hand. Then I do some serious fake tilting.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I frequently berate fish in one of 3 ways:

"nh" (I never really mean it, and if they heard my tone, they would know I am being sarcastic and condescending.)
"nice catch" (when I get 2-3 outed on the river)
"nice call" (when my bluff gets called down by two red fours on an all black KJ9AQ board)

Probably better to not say anything at all, but sometimes I can't help myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use "nh" both ways. I sometimes actually mean it (villain got AI on flop with OESD against my set and his turned flush held up - I thought he played the hand well, I said "nh"). I sometimes don't (villain rivers flush draw calling psb on flop and turn then checks and gets nothing more, I say "nh"). I like this because then no one knows when I'm serious.

I've given up with the nice catch / nice call stuff.

I sometimes think that I shouldn't use "nh" at all either, but when I use it as a compliment and villain knows that I mean it it seems to loosen him/her up. Also makes the table nicer to play at.

~FishNChips
Old 06-23-2006, 01:54 PM

do people tilt when others talk smack to fish?
Old 06-23-2006, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I use "nh" both ways. I sometimes actually mean it (villain got AI on flop with OESD against my set and his turned flush held up - I thought he played the hand well, I said "nh"). I sometimes don't (villain rivers flush draw calling psb on flop and turn then checks and gets nothing more, I say "nh"). I like this because then no one knows when I'm serious.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone kind enough to voluntarily show their cards gets a "nh" from me; I like to encourage that sort of thing. Unless they show a successful bluff, in which case it's "you beast you".
Old 06-23-2006, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"nice catch"

[/ QUOTE ]

I refer to this as "the poker players' insult." Fishy fish always think it's a compliment....so I send it their way as one.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do people tilt when others talk smack to fish?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes. But normally putting a couple of otherwise decent players on tilt doesn't make up for making superfish tighten his game.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:12 PM

i understand, i was not thinking or advocating berating fish to possibly make someone else tilt. was just curious because the post had lots of people replying.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone kind enough to voluntarily show their cards gets a "nh" from me; I like to encourage that sort of thing. Unless they show a successful bluff, in which case it's "you beast you".

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to take a class from you on saying hilarious things in the chat box.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:47 PM

I was at this table. My favorite part was a few orbits later when JANBENNETT stacks said uberdonk with quad 9's and proceeds to rub it in donks face "booyah, that's what I'm talking about" or some [censored] like that. K, you got your money back, now can the rest of us have a turn. Donk left about 20 hands later and the entire table broke up, so me and CAterp are sitting there playing heads up, wondering how the situation went from +++EV to only slightly +EV for him.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was at this table. My favorite part was a few orbits later when JANBENNETT stacks said uberdonk with quad 9's and proceeds to rub it in donks face "booyah, that's what I'm talking about" or some [censored] like that. K, you got your money back, now can the rest of us have a turn. Donk left about 20 hands later and the entire table broke up, so me and CAterp are sitting there playing heads up, wondering how the situation went from +++EV to only slightly +EV for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to hear you complain about stuff like this. After I busted an uber uber uber fish for like his 5th short buy he left, you sat and I went from best table in the world with best seat at the table to "awwwwww fooooook! I've got a shark on my left." Then you took a nice pot off me and I knew it was time for bed.

~FishNChips