Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2006, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Lets talk about avatars!

[ QUOTE ]
Could a real mod change his avatar for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Done. I gave him the weasel.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:04 PM

Thanks! I don't think this is over though he is a jerk. He was the one that trainwrecked paperboy. He will likely just switch it back he thinks he is a gangstar. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2006, 04:31 PM

My 2 cents about avatars:

Huge ones are a problem. We don't have a specific policy in place but if we somehow run across one that is huge we need it to be changed. If Stuey is kind enough to make a smaller version, feeaantastic. We'll kindly *ask* them to change it. If they refuse, we'll kindly *tell* them to change it. If they refuse that, suspension and then banning.

Yes I think a banning is appropriate if they're doing something that really does mess up the forum (a big avatar) and they have been given ample opportunities to change to a smaller version and refused to do so. I don't think this will happen frequently, but if Villainaires changes his back again we should tell him that he must use an alternative and if he refuses . . . a suspension and then banning.

If Grunch didn't PM him to officially request that he use a smaller version than that should probably happen.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:01 PM

I did not PM him. I'm happy to do so. Stuey, your call.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:45 PM

Hi Lloyd,

I am still searching for a suitable magicpig avatar but it is hard. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I will keep my eyes peeled.

[ QUOTE ]
Huge ones are a problem. We don't have a specific policy in place but if we somehow run across one that is huge we need it to be changed. If Stuey is kind enough to make a smaller version, feeaantastic. We'll kindly *ask* them to change it. If they refuse, we'll kindly *tell* them to change it. If they refuse that, suspension and then banning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before I was made green this is what I was doing and I still do it the same way. It works very well 99% of the time. I would send people pm's and offer them smaller versions of their avatar if it was over 300Kb. Now I am trying to get under 100KB.

To be fair to Villianaire I should note that when I first pm'ed him to offer him a smaller avatar I was not green at the time. He never replied to my pm and only changed his avatar for a few days after I confronted him about it in a public thread.

All your ideas are spot on imo. But can we mess with Villianaire for a while longer before someone bans him? It is fun.

Grunch,

Sure please PM him and explain it to him. He does not like me or take me serious. Who does? lol
Old 06-22-2006, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Lloyd,

I am still searching for a suitable magicpig avatar but it is hard. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What would be really cool is a magic pig turning into a flying nut.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:00 PM

I forgot about the flying nut. Is it like a walnut or a nut and bolt type? Which pig above do you prefer? The goofy looking one or the realistic looking one? Should be easy to do I will try tonight while I am playing if I don't bust out early.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:27 PM

hoo-wee!

Too rough? I haven't sent this yet, but it is ready to go.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, Villainaire:

I changed your avatar, at Stuey's request.

Stuey asked you to change your avatar several days ago becasue the file was bigger than twoplustwo.com is allowing now. You then agreed to change the avatar, and did change the avatar. But then 2 days later, you changed it back to the larger file. You knew at the time that this avatar was not approved, but you re-selected it anyway. As a direct result, our margian of tollerance is very close to zero.

You have two options.

You may either keep the avatar I assigned to you, or you may change the avatar to any avatar you choose so long as Stuey approves the change. Be advised that if you change your avatar again to one which you were told is not acceptable, it's very likely that you'll be permanently banned from twoplustwo.com.

The choice is yours.

Take care,

Grunch

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-22-2006, 09:30 PM

Hmmm I don't think we should threaten to ban anyone yet. And really the avatar size limit is an unwritten rule atm and will probably remain that way. Mat or Cola have not said banning was ok so we should not threaten him yet.

He has not noticed you changed his avatar. Lets just wait for now.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:56 PM

Ok, no problem. I guess I'm not sure what needed to be PMed to the user. What did you think needed to be said?