Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2006, 12:13 PM

Default Re: 80/160 Borgata shady riv action

100% agree on this. Larry is not a real person. He can go from being the nicest guy in the world to being an untolerable [censored] in two seconds. His poker play is dismal and he has been the biggest donator to the 80/160 game since the Borgata opened. I don't know if the $1 million figure is accurate, but it sure wouldn't surprise me. He does a lot of weird things at the poker table, including pulling those kinds of angles, and getting legitimately upset and pissed off when people checkraise him. Since he'll pay you off anyway, I stopped checkraising him at all and just bet my hand. Being nice to Larry is critical, because everyone wants him to stay in the game. I do agree that its bad for the game when he checks it down with certain players after the flop, though not enough people agree with me to do anything about that.

[ QUOTE ]
honestly, i kinda read the thread, but i think that posting hands that involve larry is worthless, b/c it is virtually impossble to fully explain him, his play or how he affects the game without actully seeing it your self. his river [censored] is classic, and you just have to watch yourself when you play against him. that being said there is nothing you, or anyone in the poker room, can do about his antics and semi clusion.
dave

[/ QUOTE ]