Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2006, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Shaving - Do you use cream?

I used to shave in the shower using Noxeuma - but now I just use a beard trimmer and trim it -

got lazy and quit shaving - meh - chicks weren't going for the bare cheeks anyways.

RB
Old 05-24-2006, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't wanna rub oil on my face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cream dries out your skin and gives a shittier shave than oil does. Oil moisturizes skin and gives you a close shave, while maintaining skin quality.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh god... sounds like your trying to sell some make-up.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd say you're the one that needs to learn this, based on your NO CREAM? OUCH!!! comment. But whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? What are you talking about, if I don't use cream it hurts, this should tell you I have a thick beard.

[ QUOTE ]
Mach 3 is a blade btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really! No way! Thank the good Lord I asked. When did I say a Mach 3 wasn't a blade? Are you talking about my example of why my beard is difficult and unlike some others (according to their posts) on this board by using the example of the electric? You need to stop being so defensive, nobody is attacking you.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:55 PM

We cool, g?
Old 05-24-2006, 11:56 PM

I've used every method over the years. Mostly just plain hot water for the last few years. But a couple months ago I took a shot out of some BathnBody hand soap my gf has in the bathroom and the results were excellent. My razors seem to last forever now, before I seemed to change to new ones every few days. Electric razors don't give a close enough shave, I have a Braun that basically goes unused.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:13 AM

I use an electric shaver most days and agree it doesnt get close enough... its mainly just a time saver and i can put up with the 5 o'clock shadow at 11am. When I went on vacation last week I decided to pack light leaving the electric at home, but in doing so, I forgot to bring shaving cream. I took some of the hotel soap and used it and was mighty impressed with the results... i found it to be way better then shaving cream. Im sure if I used it for an extended period of time it would really dry out my face.

Oh... and someone posted that they shave after a shower!?!? WTF is up with that? When you wake up in the morning there is oil on your skin that aids the shaving process. I can see shaving in the shower but for me that is not an option as I have a goatee which requires a bit of precision that i couldnt get while holding some steamed up mirror.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:17 AM

Cubswin,

[ QUOTE ]
I can see shaving in the shower but for me that is not an option as I have a goatee which requires a bit of precision that i couldnt get while holding some steamed up mirror.

[/ QUOTE ]

I often have a beard and always keep it trimmed so I see your point. I went to Bed Bath & Beyond and bought a fogless/steamless mirror that suctions to the wall, it even has a tray on the top for everything. Best investment ever. But if your routine works why change, right?
Old 05-25-2006, 12:25 AM

Hmmm... that sounds like an option. The only drawback is that I have to trim the goatee every two or three days and that cant be done in the shower. I figure if im trimming over the sink i should just the shave out of the way as well. Becasue of this, my only current shower multitasking involves taking my morning piss [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2006, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mach 3, no cream. once I ran out and it didn't bother me, so I just stopped using it. if I let it go too long I'll use cream.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-25-2006, 02:40 AM

Shower, classic single blade Bic, no cream. No complaints.