Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 08:52 AM

Default Re: WPEX and O8

[ QUOTE ]
I think of you as a mediocre poster

[/ QUOTE ]

I will try to offer better advice (or at least less bragging). Although I'm somewhat less than thrilled about improving the game of my potential opponents. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2006, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think of you as a mediocre poster

[/ QUOTE ]

I will try to offer better advice (or at least less bragging). Although I'm somewhat less than thrilled about improving the game of my potential opponents. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you want to come to the forums to leech information but don't want to help others?

I've seen other people post a similar sentiment to this on other forums here. I don't understand that mentality at all.

I know you put a smiley on it but I'm sure you were more serious than joking.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can understand why this bothers you. Here's the thing, when I first started this last year, I was posting my bankroll and it's growth.

But eventually I didn't want anyone knowing how much money I have. So I opted to instead list my hourly rate, but not how many hours or hands I've played.

If it's any consilation, my hourly rate is about $32 or so from online play. But that's because I include all the lower limits I've played plus tournaments and sit n' go's in my hourly rate calculation.

I just remember someone on here commenting on my being a "mediocre" player. While I realize I'm not the best and I'm nowhere near and probably will never be "world class" in my skill level, I feel I'm far beyond "mediocre" in my skills.

And I'm not restricted to just one game. So posting my bb/100 hands at 15/30 is kind of an "in your face" move on my part. I take a lot of crap on these boards, although I realize that the way I present myself encourages it many times.

Suffice to say, I am making enough with online play that I am going to be only working one 8-hour shift for my employer starting in two weeks.

I haven't severed all ties just yet, but it's likely coming. And I had my wife quit her job as well.

Because I'm at the higher limits, I expect to be able to increase my hourly rate considerably from where it's at now.

And overall, I have about 97K hands played in my pokertracker across all the limits of Omaha (limit and pot limit games played)

[/ QUOTE ]

I see into the future:
Closed Thread