Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2006, 01:02 AM

Default Re: 10/20 sets are maybe not so great

[ QUOTE ]
gonna disagree with Ray here. I think you check call. I think you have to pay off if you are beaten here. However, by shifting to check call mode, you are more likely to induce a bluff. If you bet it, he folds two pair type hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

out of curiousity, given that you're calling a push, what's wrong with betting 400 on the turn, and then 500+ on the river to get money in from hands like AK/AQ/KQ??? And clearly you call a push on any street? This just seems better than checking the turn against hands like AK/AQ/KQ
Old 05-01-2006, 01:14 AM

sure that works. but there are lots of ways to play this but if you are beat you are going to get it all in, so the best way is to play it so you also get in if you win. alot is player dependent. in general i like to push here. as that is what i would do with the straight myself and against a good player. if i dont, i wont get called when i have the straight or best hand in big pots. thats too much profit to give up. against a weak player you may want to milk him but if you give him odds to draw out for the hands that you have the best of it you defeat the purpose.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:12 AM

That turn was really crap. Given the action I want to ask what hands less than a set of Qs are going to bet that turn?
Old 05-01-2006, 08:06 AM

Don't feel like I'm adding much saying this, but since others are disagreeing, I'll just say that I agree with RZ and would push here. There are really plenty of reasons for you to push here and he should not have an easy laydown of TTT or AAKK.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:02 PM

No way you check here. Yes it looks like AK or 1010 sometimes. You need to continue. He isnt chasing down with the straight unless he played a hand like J10s. Gotta make a reasonable size bet here 500 seems good.