Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Re: ***Offical Summer Transfer Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sidwell signing with chelsea makes 0 sense whatsoever to me. i think youre wrong about hargreaves though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Replacement for Makelele who turns 36 this year or another midfielder to cover for Essien if his used in defence?

[/ QUOTE ]

essien is the replacement for makelele and sidwell likes to go forward more then makelele. Sidwell will get lose in teh shuffle at chelsea
Old 05-24-2007, 01:43 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is all speculation but this is what the bbc thinks the squad could look like next year

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ol/6687309.stm

Tevez and Eto could be great at anfield

[/ QUOTE ]40mil to pick up those 4 players??? right......

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, eto's fee alone would be close to that number. that would be the most ridiculous offseason of acquisitions like EVER.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:44 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
- Fabregas is going to Real Madrid

[/ QUOTE ] They have been saying this all season, I highly doubt its true. Wenger is most likely in Madrid to discuss Reyes and Baptista only.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Arsenal sells Fabregas they are stupid. Then again Barca already sold him. but theyre stupid too.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sidwell signing with chelsea makes 0 sense whatsoever to me. i think youre wrong about hargreaves though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Replacement for Makelele who turns 36 this year or another midfielder to cover for Essien if his used in defence?

[/ QUOTE ]

essien is the replacement for makelele and sidwell likes to go forward more then makelele. Sidwell will get lose in teh shuffle at chelsea

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Lassana Diarra was brought in to be groomed as Makelele's successor. Or John Obi Mikel.

Totally agree about Sidwell getting lost in the shuffle at Chelsea though. He should've signed with a team that actually needs him like Newcastle or Aston Villa.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:18 PM

Fabregas will play in La Liga at some point in his career but I think it is still a few years away
Old 05-24-2007, 04:03 PM

mikel seems pretty clearly makelele's successor. he's been the superior player for the better part of 2007.

sidwell is probably brought in as cover. i assume if ballack continues his, shall we say, indifferent form that sidwell will play some more. however, if he plays like he does in FM, sidwell will just about never see the pitch.

i'm curious what player coppell buys for 100k pounds and turns into the next 15 goal scorer in the prem. of course, i'd just be happy of convey gets fit again.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
- Fabregas is going to Real Madrid

[/ QUOTE ] They have been saying this all season, I highly doubt its true. Wenger is most likely in Madrid to discuss Reyes and Baptista only.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Arsenal sells Fabregas they are stupid. Then again Barca already sold him. but theyre stupid too.

[/ QUOTE ]I could pontentially see a point where they sell him, but only if Arsene thinks Denilson or Diaby can fit that position. Arsenal does have tons of young CM's, however Fabregas is unreal and it would be madness to sell him.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:34 PM

Arsenal aren't selling Fabregas anytime soon, seeing as at the beginning of the year they signed him to an 8 year contract.
While Arsenal does have a lot of young, good cm's (diaby, vela, merida), most of them are several years from being at cesc's current ability. Diaby, although good right now, is a midfielder more in the mold of a vieira, not a passer like cesc.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:37 PM

Dialby should be starting instead of Gilberto next year
Old 05-24-2007, 05:44 PM

Vela is a forward/winger, no?

They have the following CM's:
Cesc
Diaby
Denilson
Gilberto
Song
Hleb and Rosicky of sorts
Merida
Even Djourou can play DM

However, Gilberto will be gone soon and Song is likely to be sold in the summer. Wenger will still continue to play Hleb and Rosicky out wide. All this adds up to no way in hell they sell Cesc. Denilson and Diaby can both play DM, but both are capable of making plays. Wouldn't surprise me to see a 4-5-1 played more.