Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Issues with the rake

yeah this crap is the same reason I don't play in Atl anymore. My friend dealt a 10-10 nlhe (retarded house, don't ask) last week that was clearing a minimum of 2k/hr. We don't bother with beatable game arguments anymore.....
Old 05-17-2007, 08:06 PM

Im done with this subject as I think it has served its purpose but I do have a response for those who say no matter what that they WOULDNT play in this game and believe its unbeatable.
I leave you with this choice.
A. Drive to your local airport and pay parking for 3 days($30) catch a flight to Vegas or A.C ($250) get a hotel room for 2 nights($200) and pay for your own food and drinks($100) Also, keep in mind that these are the bare minimums for arguments sake and it will cost u much more...Now comes the fun part...Go get on a list and find a game full of better than average players and maybe some world class players and maybe a couple bad ones.
There is no game selection because the lists are huge so u sit when your name is called. Now your in the game you want because they rake $5 a hand or $9 every half hour(time collection)? You have spent $600 and traveled X amt of time to get in a game b/c of the rake?
B. You take no $$ to the game that's 15 minutes from your house, eat a great meal, drink whatever u want, smoke if u like, and see a room full of suckers with unlimited credit who everytime they go broke simply raise there hand and say to the floorman "give me 2 thousand" ...but crap u cant play here b/c when u win a $3000 pot it should have been $3015 in there.... Im heading to the airport? I dont think so.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:08 PM

you have obviously never played poker in las vegas
Old 05-17-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have obviously never played poker in las vegas

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 05-17-2007, 09:35 PM

google me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] good read though...NOT
Old 05-17-2007, 09:39 PM

I shdnt have stooped to the level of posters on here..When I used to post in 01 it was raymer, rounder, mike B and many others who were not only solid players but solid posters...Now everyone is younger I guess and if there not making their point with a HU challenge they make a post with a smartass comment questioning your knoweledge..I shoulda let it go..For the record I have been to Vegas once or twice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] U obv missed the point that saving x $ in rake doesnt equate to spending x $ to fly somewhere else..Nm, the original poster got the point and thats all that matters
Old 05-18-2007, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I shdnt have stooped to the level of posters on here..When I used to post in 01 it was raymer, rounder, mike B and many others who were not only solid players but solid posters...Now everyone is younger I guess and if there not making their point with a HU challenge they make a post with a smartass comment questioning your knoweledge..I shoulda let it go..For the record I have been to Vegas once or twice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] U obv missed the point that saving x $ in rake doesnt equate to spending x $ to fly somewhere else..Nm, the original poster got the point and thats all that matters

[/ QUOTE ]

I can vouch for this man.....Not only have i played with him in his game in Houston, but i've played with him in Vegas.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:32 AM

By the way Russ, i don't think these guys were dissing on you by any means. I think they were alluding to the fact that there's plenty of donkeys to be found in Vegas.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:25 PM

This must be Clint with the aggie logo...Yeah maybe i took it wrong and I know there are plenty of donkeys in Vegas but YOU KNOW and the poster KNOWS that there are no games in Vegas at these stakes like there are in Houston...There is something to be said for not having to have cash present to keep reordering chips...Obv the reason poker is played with chips and why so many get into huge debts with credit cards... how u doin? send me a PM lt8
Old 05-21-2007, 03:27 AM

Default other games

russ, i haven't been playing in town for the past 5 months. do u know of any 20/40+ games in town besides moose's? chigua's games done, correct? thanks. -james