Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2006, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Sklansky making a run at Borgata...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my friend had a hand against jennifer tilly on day 2 where there was a 5 card straight on the board and she checks to him on the river and he bets about $20,000 chips and she calls.. he shows his cards (no ace) and she tosses her cards into the muck. Everyone at the table pushed them back to her and told her "no ! no! dont do that! your card can be considered dead". My friend was too dumb to call over the tournament director and get the hand declared dead [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

sick

[/ QUOTE ]

The hand wouldnt be declared dead if the TD was called over.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
David Sklansky has played 6 out of the 57 hands at the FT. What a nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pup - When you become old enough to drink legally in most states, have played more than $10 SNG or micro limit stakes online poker you may consider making snide comments about one of the greatest instructors of the game FOR LONGER THAN YOU HAVE BEEN ON THIS EARTH.

Hopefully by then the moisture behind your ears will have dried enough for you to know better.

Until then have the common sense to Shut up.

RealMcCoy

[/ QUOTE ]
So...is it possible to take yourself more seriously? I very much doubt it.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my friend had a hand against jennifer tilly on day 2 where there was a 5 card straight on the board and she checks to him on the river and he bets about $20,000 chips and she calls.. he shows his cards (no ace) and she tosses her cards into the muck. Everyone at the table pushed them back to her and told her "no ! no! dont do that! your card can be considered dead". My friend was too dumb to call over the tournament director and get the hand declared dead [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

sick

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? Once the cards touch the muck they are dead.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:06 PM

I too am curious as to the posters reasoning. As from the original post it does NOT appear that at anytime Jennifer turned her hand up so rule 29 would not seem to apply.

29 Dealers cannot kill a winning hand that was turned face up and was obviously the winning hand.

I can only think that he believes rule 1 would trump all objections of giving her half the pot when she voluntarily discarded her hand on an obvious chop.

1 Floor people are to consider the best interest of the game and fairness as the top priority in the decision-making process. Unusual circumstances can, on occasion, dictate that the technical interpretation of the rules be ignored in the interest of fairness. The floorperson's decision is final. (Note, this rule used to be rule #31, but TDA members voted to move it to rule #1.)

However I cannot recall a situation where I have personally seen a voluntarily mucked hand that was never exposed was allowed to play in the tourney's I have been in.

I assume it has happened with some bizarre/unusual set of circumstances that makes it proper.

I've seen some pretty illogical rulings but not this one.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sick

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? Once the cards touch the muck they are dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify the muck has no special powers to kill a hand. I'm not sure what the ruling would be since her hand was not tabled but touching the muck isn't what kills a hand.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
. Everyone at the table pushed them back to her [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
What the heck does that mean?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-06-2006, 04:33 PM

if any of you listened to the latest Rounders podcast (if you don't you really should start to as they get great guests) Newhouse gave huge props to the 2+2 website and to Sklansky for his poker success. very down to earth guy.

find it at www.bigpoker.ca
Old 10-08-2006, 10:35 PM

Anyone have a listing of all the 2+2ers that have made final tables/will be on televised final tables later on this year or in 07?
Old 10-08-2006, 11:05 PM

I think he'll finish in 3rd place.