Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2006, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Pizza Delivery Tip

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Every pizza I delivered I did it with the attitude I wasnt getting a tip. So I would never ask "do you want change?" or "how much change do you want?" or any of that crap. They paid, I gave them the change, and id turn around and start to leave. If they handed me anything I said thank you like I would say it if I wasnt expecting to get anything. I pretty much always made more in tips than the other drivers who did the "standard" routine you got. And I think my attitude was why. Not saying I wasnt above tricks like the dirty dollar and what not, but even when I was doing them I still carried the attitude that I didnt expect a tip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alobar is completely right. I have absolutely no problem tipping cab drivers and pizza delivery guys, but I absolutely hate it when they try to pull some bs routine to trick or guilt me into tipping more

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this when dealing too. Sometimes a dude will throw me a red chip and say nothing. I just change it to whites and give him five. Sometime they throw me a red chip and ask for a chop or change, again I just throw them all white and let them decide.

My mommy taught me that! <3
Old 12-21-2006, 04:13 PM

One time at Ralph's (the italian ice place) I went to get ices for my family. They have a drive up window if you are getting for a bunch of people I guess so I did that. I gave the guy like $22 for $17 worth of ices and he gave me back $3. I looked at him like "wtf?" I had already had $2 in my hand to tip the guy. After he just took the tip at his own will and didn't understand what I was doing I got cranky and didn't tip. It wasn't really all that common to tip there so I didn't feel that bad.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I order some pizza for delivery.
The total is like $15.26

The pizza delivery guy comes to the door,
I give him a $20.

Pizza Guy: "Do you want change?"
Me (thinking): Yeah, I'm not going to tip you like $5 on a $15 order, dipwad"
Me (speaking): Yes

Pizza Guy: "How much change do you want?"
Me (thinking): HOW MUCH CHANGE DO I WANT? WTF!!!! UHHH, HOW ABOUT THE CORRECT AMOUNT? OR MAYBE FORGET THE ODD CENTS AND GIVE ME $4, AND THEN I WILL DECIDE WHAT, IF ANY, TIP YOU GET.

So what do you say to the how much change do you want question?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get the chance, hand him $2. Done.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:19 PM

BTW, whenever I go to the bank I stock up on $2 bills and give them as tips. The illegal alien delivery guys always do a double take when getting the $2 bill.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I order some pizza for delivery.
The total is like $15.26

The pizza delivery guy comes to the door,
I give him a $20.

Pizza Guy: "Do you want change?"
Me (thinking): Yeah, I'm not going to tip you like $5 on a $15 order, dipwad"
Me (speaking): Yes

Pizza Guy: "How much change do you want?"
Me (thinking): HOW MUCH CHANGE DO I WANT? WTF!!!! UHHH, HOW ABOUT THE CORRECT AMOUNT? OR MAYBE FORGET THE ODD CENTS AND GIVE ME $4, AND THEN I WILL DECIDE WHAT, IF ANY, TIP YOU GET.

So what do you say to the how much change do you want question?

Cliff notes: I'm a broke nit

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-21-2006, 04:37 PM

I love tipping threads
Old 12-21-2006, 04:48 PM

Anyone else who used to do delivery find that they tip way more then they plan on? I'm always telling myself to tip $2 (especially when i was broke freshman year of college) and then i'd end up always tipping over 3.

P.S - that line is standard, tipping is customary so dont be mad that the guy expects a tip, it's just stupid
Old 12-21-2006, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alobar,

"The dirty dollar"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this really old wrinkly torn up dollar that I wadded up and shoved in the ground and stomped around on. Was really dirty and just kinda gross. When I would deliver somewhere that I knew I likely wasnt getting tipped, I would hand them that dollar in change. I almost always got it back.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is awesome
Old 12-21-2006, 06:46 PM

How did people tip before OOT came around?
Old 12-21-2006, 06:48 PM

Default How to order and pay for a pizza.

When you order, this is how you should do it:

You: Hello I'd like to make an order for delivery (or carryout).
Them: What is your phone #/name/address, etc.
You: Info, plus any unique information that would help them find you.
Them: What would you like?
You: (note that this has been decided prior to you calling and ordering. Know what they have, any coupons or specials you might use, etc.) I want a large traditional crust pepperoni, sausage and extra cheese, etc. (note any special requests - cut in squares, not cut, well done, etc. here).
Them: Ok, I have you down for x, y, and z. Your total is m. Will this be cash, credit or check?
You: cash, or whatever.

If you need to change anything on your order, you should call back within a minute, so the place does not have your pizza started. It is stupid to change your order after you've placed it. I mean, who orders a meat pizza and then decides they want all vegetable? You should know what you want before ordering.

Wait in a place where you will hear the door or the phone. If it rings between when you order and when they say it will be there, answer even if it's blocked or you don't know the #, it might be the driver or the store. They have at least 3 phone #'s and it might be a line that isn't showing up as the # you called.

After you order, turn on your porch light. If you have an obnoxious dog, or a big dog, place the dog somewhere where it will not scare the driver (remember, they don't know your dog) or get out and run, or jump all over the driver, unless you want your food dropped at your door.

Sit the money near the door. Have planned how much you are tipping. If your order is $11.75, and you plan to give the driver $15, give him $15 and tell him to keep the change, or that the rest is for him, etc. Make it clear. If you give him a $20, and want to give him a $3.25 tip, say "I would like $5 back." But the bottom line is MAKE IT CLEAR. And when you say "thank you" and begin to leave the area, transaction is over, what money the driver has, you intended him to keep, so if you leave, make it clear you're going to be back and you're not done."

Use the same standards you would to tip a waitress as a driver. Remember they put a lot of wear and tear on their car, come out in the elements and bring you food that you didn't feel like cooking for yourself or going out to get. Show the love and compensate them accordingly. If the weather's bad, compensate them. And this means, get to the door immediately, don't make them stand outside and wait. If an order's over $10, $3 is minimum. If they have to go out of their way much, give more. If you live on the 10th floor with no elevator and get 3 bags of pizza and 4 2-liters, then you'd better be tipping 25% at least.

For more information, go to www.tipthepizzaguy.com they have lots of great information on ordering and pizza delivery.