Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2006, 02:55 AM

Default Re: catching up with dexter

dali,

know what else is implausible? A SERIAL KILLER COP TRAINED TO BE A SERIAL KILLER BY HIS COP DAD

actually after looking over all of your complaints about some of the developments, some of them do make sense. however i feel like many of the issues surrounding the ITK will be explained through flashbacks or some other means in future episodes.

man i love this show so much
Old 11-30-2006, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am more interested in general than I was after the first few episodes, but I STILL am waiting for some DAMN good explanations as to why this guy knows about Dexter in the first place. Overall, I do like the series, and I LOVE Michael C. Hall, but its about a 6.5 for me right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously this guy is Dexter's brother from his original parents and thats how he knows about him. Also my guess is that he is the one that donated blood to Dexter and subsequently got the thank you card which he just planted at the dead biological father guy's house, who probably was not really their father but just some friend of the family, which is why Dexter remembers the tattoo. I don't think you are as good at figuring stuff out in advance as you thought.

Some of your other complaints are pretty valid though. Still, I like the show a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about this, but unless he is supposed to be ~10 years older than Dexter, he would not have been allowed to give blood at that time. Still, this would not explain why he killed BioDad, and if he was Dex's brother, killing dad might not be best idea, given that he'd be some sort of suspect, be in the will, or something, so unless you have inside info, I'd say that's not the case. Possibly son of Dex's mom? Also, while;
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you are as good at figuring stuff out in advance as you thought.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is a possibility, can you possibly help me figure out how the ITK got blood that matched Dex's DNA into "just some friend of the family", cuz that's a pretty cool trick.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is a possibility, can you possibly help me figure out how the ITK got blood that matched Dex's DNA into "just some friend of the family", cuz that's a pretty cool trick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably with a funnel.

Ok, I forgot about that part, so apparently I'm not as good at figuring stuff out in advanced as I thought either. So it was definitely Dex's dad then, which would make your theory about them sharing a mom but having different dads probably the case... that would explain why ITK was so non-chalant about killing him. (Not that he couldn't have killed his own father, I just don't think he would do it in this scenario).
Old 11-30-2006, 03:28 AM

Dali: "Also, what, does Doakes just carry around a clean gun with him at all times" Only a white person would doubt cops at all times having a drop piece on them to frame people with!

BPS: "know what else is implausible? A SERIAL KILLER COP TRAINED TO BE A SERIAL KILLER BY HIS COP DAD" HAHHAHHA, nice.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:42 AM

astro-

does showtyme have this on demand? is showtime worth getting? any other decent shows?
Old 11-30-2006, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the show could still learn a thing or two from david caruso

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sarYH0z948

[/ QUOTE ]

"no need now, the verdict is in"

LMAO
Old 11-30-2006, 05:09 AM

i was trying to watch the first show on ST.com but the screen is tiny...any way to fox that?

also, if i order ST.com will i have access to all the shows? i prefer to watch them on a TV.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For anyone who needs to catch up:

http://www.yourtvlinks.com/dexter.html

[/ QUOTE ]

sublime and others,

episodes 8-9 are up on dailymotion.com, which is the link you get taken to when you click on any of the dexter episodes that are up there
Old 12-10-2006, 12:07 AM

up to episode 5....

this show is very 'meh' and that's me being positive i think. hall is a solid actor and 'dexter' is a decent character. however the story lines and writing are awful....some of those scenes with the dad have me in pain...this sister sucks...

i will give the rest of the season a shot, but this show is far off from anything HBO offers.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:33 PM

show got a lot better around episode 7 or so (i am on 9 right now).

i still think the storylines could use some work, and the writing is spotty at best. the sister deb is an awful/annoying character and should be written out ASAP.