Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 08:09 AM

Default Re: News Flash: Elaine gives Ed\'s new book 5 stars

Not to be hating, but I thought I'd kill a bit of time while waiting for my copy of PNL in the mail. Just checked AMAZON, and miraculously there are already 8 ***** reviews on there... The funny thing is that the book has been out for only a week, and only a few people actually have the hard copy in their hands, and on top of it, every reviewer, except Ed's wife, have no other reviews in their profile, in other words, this is a 1st review for each one. One of the guys actually made the claim that the book turned him into a winner overnight, and that after being "impotent" for 7 years he is now measuring his winnings in stacks. L O L, wow this must be some amazing book, that it's able to turn a 7-year losser into a winner overnight. Makes me wonder what the hell this guy been doing for the past 7 years. And Ed's wife, shamelessly states that she has not even read the book, but apparantly it still qualified as a reviewer. Come one, she would not bother to take a look at a draft while Ed was working on it, and yet she is the first one to offer a review, hmmm... She also forgets to mention her relationship... I can understand though, cause her shopping budget probably depends on how well the book sells... If she was a bit more shrewed, she would realise that she probably would do better if she did say that she is his wife, and that the book is AMAZING and how proud she is to be Ed's wife. Instead she copy and pastes a couple of quotes from people who she does not even know...

Anyways, I just thought that this is quite entertaining, b/c I am sure that this is a great book, as I have learned quite a bit from Ed and consider him a great teacher. But this "marketing" tactics are just a bit sad...

SCA
Old 07-27-2007, 08:22 AM

This is just another demonstration of Elaine's immaturity and self-centeredness. She showed it when she posted here and she continues to show it now.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:57 AM

sincit, good post. i agree.

im amazed more people arent concerned about an author's wife going on amazon and writing biased reviews which may not be accurate just in the name of selling more books.

sincit, that is also alarming the point you made about so many 1 post reviews that hvae been made on the book when it is not available to the general public.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ed writes great books. Elaine was just impressed by the new book.

Why are people so focused on the book review? Just buy the book and go out and take some chips off some calling stations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Elaine ! Welcome back !
Old 07-27-2007, 09:33 AM

Well, I noticed one of the reviews was from a reader of this forum, so at least one has read it and given valid feedback.

Before I saw this thread, I emailed Elaine through the Amazon function, since I saw she was from Raleigh. I introduced myself as being from Raleigh and asked if she knew one of the authors. She didn't respond, which is kind of questionable. Who knows, maybe she only gets on her computer every other week.

But anyway, this hardly matters in the grand scheme of things. Ed wasn't even the primary author.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:00 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
sincit, that is also alarming the point you made about so many 1 post reviews that hvae been made on the book when it is not available to the general public.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am one of the reviewers with only one review on Amazon.com. Contrary to popular belief, lots of people have a copy of this book by now. I mine showed up in the mail Tuesday and I saw a post where a guy from Australia has his copy.

If you preordered from Mike at professional poker or Conjelco, you probably got your copy early this week.

It is completely inaccurate to assume almost nobody has a copy so the Amazon reviews must be fake. LOL, online poker is rigged, cellphones cause brain tumors, the Mason's run the country (actually I am not certain about this one).

LOL, at the Elaine haters. If I ever write a book, the MRS will be the first reviewer followed by my Momma and about a million friends and relatives.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why are people so focused on the book review? Just buy the book and go out and take some chips off some calling stations.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Elaine here. I have read the book and it is great. Bustedromo has not read the book and is concentrating on a review of the book, which is not the point at all.

Get the book and read it and win. Why do people care about an Amazon review so much? Read the reviews here, and I think that you will do well with Ed's book [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do people care about an Amazon review so much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Insanity Scale

Mental Ward Patient < Brandi < Elaine
Old 07-28-2007, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Elaine here. I have read the book and it is great. Bustedromo has not read the book and is concentrating on a review of the book, which is not the point at all.

Get the book and read it and win. Why do people care about an Amazon review so much? Read the reviews here, and I think that you will do well with Ed's book [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, sorry Ed, I thought you were Elaine.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:52 PM

elaine fires back

elaines blog post