Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 07:35 PM

Default Re: How did you propose?

I guy I know proposed to his girlfriend while he was [censored] her standing up in the shower. The ring was under the soap and his [censored] was in her pussy when he asked the question.

She said yes, they finished [censored], and after they finished, they started brainstorming about the cover story they would tell to all their relatives and most of their friends.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:31 AM

Does anyone know of anyone who asked and was told, "no?" Does the guy get his money back out of sheer pity from the jeweler.

Hypothetically wondering,
Sixes
Old 07-06-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know of anyone who asked and was told, "no?" Does the guy get his money back out of sheer pity from the jeweler.

Sixes

[/ QUOTE ]

ive wondered about this as well...if the proposal is rejected does the couple break up? seems like that is how it's often portrayed, but that doesn't really make sense to me...
Old 07-06-2007, 01:55 PM

I guess I neglected to answer this question in earnest before.

The scary part is that I have forgotten many of the details, such as how it began and how I set the mood. Basically, it was a musical proposal. I played three pieces to represent my feelings and predictions: one was something by Mendlehson, one was something by Chopin and one was an original (with words and music).

Naturally, the original was the highlight. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2007, 02:51 PM

I got engaged when I was in college. Been with her for about 2 years at the time when I asked. I remember working on a road construction crew all summer to pay for that thing too. Anyway, I picked up the ring and went over to her house right after work that day and I remember going back to her room to change. Her dog followed me back there and I tied the ring to the dogs collar and told her there was something on the dogs neck and I didnt know what it was and she needed to come look at it. Well she saw the ring and I asked her...she busted into tears...too bad the bitch cheated on me a year later.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:57 PM

At the time I was living in Hermosa Beach (L.A.) and I proposed to her on a moonlit night while we sat together on the lifeguard tower by Martha's on 22nd. Our 15th wedding anniversary is coming up next week. Hard to believe it's been that long.

I never had to ask for my father-in-law's blessing since I knew my in-laws and was friends with them long before I met their daughter. They were thrilled when their nefarious plans to get us together worked. As an aside I'm thankful to this day that I love my wife's family and she loves mine - there's enough problems in life without adding conflict with the in-laws.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As an aside I'm thankful to this day that I love my wife's family and she loves mine - there's enough problems in life without adding conflict with the in-laws.

[/ QUOTE ]

I say this all the time. If her family didn't like ne and my family didn't like her it wouldn't change anything; we'd still be together. But oh my god is life so much easier when everyone gets along.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sixes

[/ QUOTE ]

ive wondered about this as well...if the proposal is rejected does the couple break up? seems like that is how it's often portrayed, but that doesn't really make sense to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

My mother was proposed to by two different men before my father (she got married at 23) and declined both of them; they both kept their rings and their relationships with her ended afterwards. FWIW, my mother and father will be celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary next April.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sixes

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My mother was proposed to by two different men before my father (she got married at 23) and declined both of them; they both kept their rings and their relationships with her ended afterwards. FWIW, my mother and father will be celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary next April.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting...seems like a very commond reason for someone saying "no" would be that they just aren't ready yet, but it could definitely come across poorly, but to just end the relationship doesnt make sense to me, but this is the only thing i have ever heard of happening after someone declines a proposal...
Old 07-07-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I was just about to make this thread. I'd really like to hear people's ideas.

I've already gotten a plan for my girlfriend. She is a runner. I'm going to buy her a pair of new running shoes, pink of course, and offer to put them on her feet. While tying the first shoe I will begin to talk about how shoelaces are really amazing. When they are by themselves they are limp and do nothing, but tie two together and it gains strenght and shape and such. I'll pull out the second shoe with the ring tied into the laces and ask her to "Tie the knot with me". Hopefully she won't figure it out until it's the big moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

cheeeeeeeessssy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]