Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2006, 04:14 PM

Default Re: daniel n busto?

I would assume DN made a % from the FCP poker. If that's the case he can't be making near the cash from that now. The new FCP is almost dead. But maybe it's ALL his now.

I remember reading his blogs talking about how he was up a mil in the big game. Then he had a bad couple days in it and lost a mil. The way I took it he lost a mil in that session. So he should be close to even for the year.

Unless DN talked about his golf losses in the last couple months then noone really knows how much he lost. IIRC he just said it was a lot.

I would find it very hard to believe he's busted. I've seen the term busted defined and redefined here many times. I find it equally hard to believe with his drive and agent that he's not steadily raking in some significant cash.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In pretty much "every" instance "that you" used "quotes in" this "post", they "were" unnecessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

"FYP"
Old 12-21-2006, 05:11 PM

someone made a thread on his forums about this thread and he replied with:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm short on cash after making a few investments. Even after the 3rd place finish that's still true. My version of "short on cash" may just be a little different than some people's.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-21-2006, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt he's busto. If he has a $10 million bankroll, losing $1 million is very significant and it would be hard for anyone to handle losing that kind of money. It's not on the same level as losing $100 out of a $1000 bankroll, or even $10,000 from $100K.

[/ QUOTE ]

why isn't it on the same level? seems to me 10%=10%=10%

in fact i'd rather lose 1 million out of my 10 million roll than 100 out of my 1,000 because i'd still be sitting on 9 mil instead of needing to double up 5 times just to get a decent handjob.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm short on cash after making a few investments. Even after the 3rd place finish that's still true. My version of "short on cash" may just be a little different than some people's.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To me this says, he likes to keep around 4 million in cash "on hand" So I seriously doubt he is hurting by any means. He's probably excluding his bankroll from his "cash on hand total", so he could very well have 2 or 2.5 million in liquid cash, but he's saying that's not his usual.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:24 PM

On his forums, there is a sub-forum dedicated to poker results. It gives a pretty good breakdown of all his poker wins and losses. It hasn't been updated in almost two months I think, but it still has a lot of good info. For instance, as of the end of October, he was up over $400k in live cash games, even with that seven figure losing session. Here's the overall numbers

[ QUOTE ]

2006 Totals

Cash Games +$422,800
Tournaments +$1,078,470
Online -$173,608
Total: $1,327,622

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't count his Five Diamonds results either. So I guess he really did lose a lot of money on the golf course to be worse off now than he was a year ago.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To me this says, he likes to keep around 4 million in cash "on hand" So I seriously doubt he is hurting by any means. He's probably excluding his bankroll from his "cash on hand total", so he could very well have 2 or 2.5 million in liquid cash, but he's saying that's not his usual.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he's just saying when he's short on cash, he still might be in possession of more actual cash than the average person ever will be in his life, but he may still be "hurting."
Old 12-21-2006, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This doesn't count his Five Diamonds results either. So I guess he really did lose a lot of money on the golf course to be worse off now than he was a year ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard that Doyle (maybe in league with Dewey Tomko) took the youngins to school on the golf course this year.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:42 PM

yes very +ev. Daniel the hack vs Dewey Tomko. Dewey can give him 2 shots a hole and still take him to school. Doyle wasn't to shabby either back in the day, so i'm sure he still has some game left in the tank.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I doubt he's busto. If he has a $10 million bankroll, losing $1 million is very significant and it would be hard for anyone to handle losing that kind of money. It's not on the same level as losing $100 out of a $1000 bankroll, or even $10,000 from $100K.

[/ QUOTE ]

why isn't it on the same level? seems to me 10%=10%=10%

in fact i'd rather lose 1 million out of my 10 million roll than 100 out of my 1,000 because i'd still be sitting on 9 mil instead of needing to double up 5 times just to get a decent handjob.

[/ QUOTE ]
You just explained why its not on the same level