Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Always get that perfect river

[ QUOTE ]
i raise flop

[/ QUOTE ]

wow this is bad. if his read is that villain is a solid tag this is suicidal.

if the guy is 15/13/7 like previously mentioned then this turn check and river fold are ultra standard
Old 10-10-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow why do people hate so much, this is fine vs this guy seeing as though hes a real uncreative nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the great post. If your referring to me hating, I'm not. I found this play curious and wanted to know exactly the reasoning behind it. FGators explained his reasoning, I'm down with it. I really am not a fan of losing this pot to AK, when we could take it down on the turn.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:21 AM

so your reasoning for betting the turn is to fold out AK? wow you're a tool. go away troll
Old 10-10-2007, 11:23 AM

Along with getting value from jj 1010 obv, maybe I'm a tool but at least I'm not a Jackass
Old 10-10-2007, 11:29 AM

seems m'kay at a glance, no real opportunities to raise anywhere. i take it your calling any <=10 river then?

also fg, if you havent compacted a database recently, pt will be slow and [censored]
Old 10-10-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the great post. If your referring to me hating, I'm not. I found this play curious and wanted to know exactly the reasoning behind it. FGators explained his reasoning, I'm down with it. I really am not a fan of losing this pot to AK, when we could take it down on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

An ace or king will hit on the river only about 17% of the time. AK probably makes up about 40% of villains range so we are only losing this pot on the river when ahead about 7% of the time. The pot is about 130 so we are losing maybe $9 in equity by letting a card come off. Assuming there is at least some chance (like 30%) villain bluffs the river the other 83% when the river bricks combined with the fact that we sometimes lose less when he has AA/KK by letting a card come off, checking the turn seems standard imo. We can also still get value from smaller pairs on the river if he bets/checks.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:33 AM

wtf is a troll anyway
Old 10-10-2007, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

An ace or king will hit on the river only about 17% of the time. AK probably makes up about 40% of villains range so we are only losing this pot on the river when ahead about 7% of the time. The pot is about 130 so we are losing maybe $9 in equity by letting a card come off. Assuming there is at least some chance (like 30%) villain bluffs the river the other 93% when the river bricks combined with the fact that we sometimes lose less when he has AA/KK by letting a card come off checking the turn seems standard imo. We can also still get value from smaller pairs on the river if he bets/checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:50 AM

We are calling people tools now if their advice isn't 100% perfect, lol?

I don't think he was trolling, he put forth an effort and got a discussion going here, right or wrong.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seems m'kay at a glance, no real opportunities to raise anywhere. i take it your calling any <=10 river then?

also fg, if you havent compacted a database recently, pt will be slow and [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm calling a river, yeah.

But if this guy is the 15/13 +- 3 I'm not sure if he'd bet AK on this river unimproved, come to think of it.