Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Why 4 People on 4 different Computers can\'t have the Same Statisti

[ QUOTE ]
What i am getting to is that if these are bots..... Fulltilt owns them..... and there is no other explanation how they could get such variances without programming these bots from the source code of how the fulltilt poker souce client and server base works

[/ QUOTE ]
So Nation and his buddies work for Full Tilt?
Old 05-14-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
they would rish this for a mere $30,000 a month per bot...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what a dumb rish to take

[/ QUOTE ]

you can't be this much of a nit, can you?
Old 05-14-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When the bot owner's picture was posted online, he was in full tilt gear and representing their company

[/ QUOTE ]

more likely he won his wsop seat on full tilt, and that was the standard photo taken of all of their qualifiers. winning a seat on full tilt, or being a long time player there is irrelevant to the issue.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be this much of a nit, can you?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-14-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be this much of a nit, can you?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 05-14-2007, 08:12 PM

If i knew before hand that so many people would "criticize" the validity of whether i have knowledge in the area of (Machine Code)and my obivious spelling errors, i think i would have spent more time trying to present my "thread" in a more formal manner.

I apologize for my lack of Grammar and literal translation of my op and also for anyone that also has knowledge in the (IT/Technical) area would understand that prpgramming is %99 Mathematical logic and has nothing to do with how well you can put a sentence togeather.... Most programmers are very poor in the (literal field) this is why most programs that are writen have to be (debugged) because although most great programmers can calulate on the fly, most have poor literal skills.....

I have not suggested anywhere in my thread that any site may or maybe be guilty of what i have explained.... i was just so tired after spending half aday reading this thread in matter that i felt i could explain to everyone why these could not be (profitable bots) or bots in general....
Old 05-14-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you need access to an RNG to operate a bot?
If you want to operate a winning bot at no-limit, you do.
Why in the world would you need this?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was going to create a bot, hell yes I would have an RNG built-in - for both limit and no limit. Imagine you are playing against my bot and I have a strong flush draw - based on its read using the PokerTracker DB, it would raise sometimes and call sometimes. Every now and then, throw in some river-bluff check-raises, etc. Enough to keep people honest.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So you could use random information, to help you decide how to play hands? Niceeee.

[/ QUOTE ]

It becomes less "random", and more predictable when you know the pattern of the RNG. RNG's are never truly random. Somebody with more knowledge should chime in. From what I understand, every RNG can be "cracked" if you know the tendencies of the RNG. It has something to do with finding the "seed". Being a moderator, I'm sure you've read posts about this...

[/ QUOTE ]

You and the OP should get together and write a book.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I owned a publishing company I'd immediatley be taking OP up on this...of course there would be lots of disclaimers in such a book, but it would sell like hell.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:42 PM

If I understand OP correctly, he seems to be going by the assumption that the (only) way to program a poker bot is to have access to the RNG of the poker site. Of course this is not the case. If a bot did have access to the RNG, he could, of course, "see" all his opponents cards as well as "see" the future (what was going to come down on the flop, turn and river). In such a scenario the bot would be very rich indeed. It would know when to fold AA preflop, know when to call 5 players all in with 27o, etc.

Of course most of us realize this is not the case. Bots can be programmed to play a specific strategy just like a human. If 2 bots are playing an identical strategy, eventually, *all* of their stats will be virtually identical (although it may take a while) assuming they are playing from the same base of opponents.

A bot programmed in this fashion no more needs access to the source code or RNG of the poker site than a human player does.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:47 PM

Well, you seem to be saying that nobody could program a bot without having the source code from the pokersite, and you seem to really believe it. This could not be further from the truth. A bot could care less about the software that deals the cards. For all a bot cares the cards could be shuffled manually in some third-world sweatshop and delivered to your computer by someone reading the cards and manually keying in the numbers.

A bot cares only about the cards it holds and the cards on the board. It doesn't matter where they came from.