Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Man, I don't know who was complaining about this being too easy. Some of the later stages of Bryyo are a real bitch on Veteran.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:30 AM

Yeah took me 5 or 6 tries to beat the boss on the fiery side.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:43 AM

Thing that turned me off of the gamecube metroids was that I felt obligated to scan everything to avoid missing stuff, but that wasn't much fun and I ended up quitting. Is scanning made less of a hassle this time around? I loved the 2d metroids.

Looking for one more reason before I buy a Wii. Would love the virtual console - but not a fan of Zelda or the other Wii games.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thing that turned me off of the gamecube metroids was that I felt obligated to scan everything to avoid missing stuff, but that wasn't much fun and I ended up quitting. Is scanning made less of a hassle this time around? I loved the 2d metroids.

Looking for one more reason before I buy a Wii. Would love the virtual console - but not a fan of Zelda or the other Wii games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if it's less of a hassle, but (at least as far as I am in the game, which isn't far) you don't NEED to scan anything except certain obvious brightly lit panels that activate something. At the same time, there seems like a ton of stuff to scan, like maybe 10 things every time I enter a new room. But as I recall, the original Metroid Prime was the same way in the beginning, but then there became less and less things to be scanned. Anyway, if you don't like the scanning aspect of the game, you can probably get by with just scanning the things that activate doors and such, which would reduce your scanning frequency greatly.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:52 AM

Whew. I finally beat Bryyo. The final boss there took me several tries to beat. I do have to applaud the developers on the phazon/hypermode mechanic, though. I suppose once I track down a few more energy tanks, it may not be as interesting, but so far the decisions about employing one uber barrage at the expense of a whopping 100 health are interesting. It seems like too often I'm facing a situation where a MUST use hypermode and I don't have 100 health to spare.

Also, are any of you guys who have ths game on the 2+2 Wii buddies list? I guess we can swap friend vouchers or something, although I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Do I have to get to a certain point in the game, or am I not finding the right button?
Old 09-02-2007, 03:12 AM

I'm on Bryyo right now, but I'm only playing on normal, so the game isn't exactly kicking my ass. I should be on the friends list, but I haven't updated my friends list in quite some time, but maybe I will do so soon.

Also, this game is hella fun.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ah...only 2 months left till EU release. [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-02-2007, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, are any of you guys who have ths game on the 2+2 Wii buddies list? I guess we can swap friend vouchers or something, although I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Do I have to get to a certain point in the game, or am I not finding the right button?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're on my list for certain, and I'm probably on yours since I'm on the 2+2 Wii buddies list, but your name comes up as grey for me still, even though it sure sounds like you have Metroid save data on your Wii. Weird.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:31 PM

You might not actually be on my friends list, since I might have missed a few people. I'll add you right now.

Edit: I guess you were in my address book already. I'm not sure what's wrong then.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:39 PM

OK, I saw in the Extras menu I hadn't set my wii to share the data. I set that, and I went looking through my buddy list. I found you, but you were also gray. I sent you a friend voucher, though, and it allowed it. I'm not sure it would disallow it if I tried to send a voucher to someone who didn't have MP3, though. I'm not sure if it'll go through, or if I'll get my voucher back if something doesn't work, but we'll see what happens.