Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2006, 12:46 AM

Default Re: U.S. stands Alone in defense of Israel

Get your head out of the sand. Take a good look at Egyptian Islamic Jihad and its origins from the Muslim Brotherhood -who in 1954 it tried to assassinate Nasser. This whole crapload of Islam becoming violent as Islam has come under attack is a bunch of baloney. Certain radical elements of Islam have taken to using whatever means are necessary to gain political power.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are correct. I don't think the US does anything out of morality, but they sure like to make it seem so. The standard line is "we want to bring democracy to the world." They are very quick to bring "democracy" to nations with large oil reserves or who have strategic/economic advantages to themselves, but quite slow in places like Africa.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess Korea and Vietnam and Grenada have a lot of oil. Too bad you're the only one that knows about it. On the other hand better not tell the US that Nigeria or Libya or Gabon has oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm all for killing commies, but the cold war has been over for a while now. Just call imperialism what it is instead of hiding behind propaganda is what I'm saying.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are correct. I don't think the US does anything out of morality, but they sure like to make it seem so. The standard line is "we want to bring democracy to the world." They are very quick to bring "democracy" to nations with large oil reserves or who have strategic/economic advantages to themselves, but quite slow in places like Africa.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess Korea and Vietnam and Grenada have a lot of oil. Too bad you're the only one that knows about it. On the other hand better not tell the US that Nigeria or Libya or Gabon has oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm all for killing commies, but the cold war has been over for a while now. Just call imperialism what it is instead of hiding behind propaganda is what I'm saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job on completely ignoring his very valid point about countries with oil like Nigeria.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:26 AM

Does the US have a problem with extracting oil from Nigeria?
Old 07-15-2006, 01:33 AM

Almost all the Islamic groups have been formed out of repression and against imperialists.

Nasser's Egypt (and today's Egypt) is one of the more repressive regimes around.

My point stands.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you been following the news lately?
Old 07-15-2006, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So it would be racist and prejudiced to say that black Jamaicans are the fastest runners in the world?

[/ QUOTE ]

If your evidence for that was that you were at a race once, and that you saw a really fast black jamaican...

Or I'm sorry, did I miss the post where you talked about how you had read statistics that, as a group, Russian Jews are nastier to customs officials than any other group, or that, as a group, Russian Jews tend to gyrate annoyingly in public on purpose to piss everyone else off.

Peter, you're not winning this argument, and the only people who might possibly back you up are themselves prejudiced. Even Andyfox called you out on that post in the other thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

The hypocrisy is that you make statements like "Russians are anti-semitic" or "Palestinians are uncivilized..." all generalizations, but when one criticizes Jews or Israel, you automatically label them as racist anti-semites. Now if you will label yourself a racist ethnic bigot and call me that too, I don't have a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're attributing statements to me that I didn't make. I merely pointed out that Russia has a history of mistreating the Jews, this is true, I did not base that on the fact that I saw some russians in an airport being mean to jews.

I never said Palestinians are uncivilized. I may have argued that the behavior of Hamas is uncivilized, but, it is.

That's the difference between me and you.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the difference between me and you is that you will subjectively interpret statements to suit your pro-Israel political agenda, making those with contrary opinions seem like bigots.

You say something like this: "Russia has a history of mistreating the Jews, this is true," but will not acknowledge that Jews too are responsible for creating this disharmony, and that other people, whether they be Russians or Palestinians have valid reasons for believing what they do.

Since negotiation with hardliners is impossible, I guess Israelis and Palestinians will just have to keep killing each other. Congratulations on this great progress. Enjoy the Zionist dream.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only a little. All I know is that some Nigerians are pissed for living in abject poverty while huge corporations and nations extract oil from them. What point are you trying to prove?
Old 07-15-2006, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Almost all the Islamic groups have been formed out of repression and against imperialists.

Nasser's Egypt (and today's Egypt) is one of the more repressive regimes around.

[/ QUOTE ]

You stated that:

[ QUOTE ]
Islam has become increasingly violent as IT has come under increasing attack -- and not the other way around.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to stick to your claim that Islam was under attack by Nasser, then I would suggest you consider a career in alternate universes.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only a little. All I know is that some Nigerians are pissed for living in abject poverty while huge corporations and nations extract oil from them. What point are you trying to prove?

[/ QUOTE ]

That if all the US cared about was oil we'd be doing something in Nigeria as well.