Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2006, 08:22 PM

Default Re: OOT Survivor: diebitter vs. Bruiser

astroglide,

I can't believe you actually started the contest in OOT while this discussion was ongoing here.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
diebitter's wishes should not be the deciding factor. He's just one poster, mod or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's an involved poster. if the contest doesn't happen, he loses by default.

even if it were unsanctioned, things could still be resolved (off-site if necessary) and either of them could honor their side of the agreement by not logging in.

i have made it clear that clambunny, one of bruiser's other accounts, will not be banned and will be allowed to post in the strat forums.

i have also made it clear that this will be the last oot survivor.

i urge all of you to vote for diebitter to stay.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:26 PM

Thanks for starting the game Astro. I want it to happen. I do not think I'll have any goodwill as a mod if it doesn't go to the end.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:27 PM

this discussion can be held for over a day. if an admin decides to halt the contest, they are free to do so.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this discussion can be held for over a day. if an admin decides to halt the contest, they are free to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

The contest didn't need to be started immediately (or held at all). It could have easily waited a day.

If you're going to disrespect the wishes of other OOT mods (me), what should hold me back from deleting the thread?
Old 02-14-2006, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This whole situation reflects poorly on 2+2 Mod's and 2+2

[/ QUOTE ]

This confuses me so much. I can see how people think that, and I actually agree! But where was all this outcry when voltron was banned? What about utmt40? If people are objecting to OOT survivor because of how it makes the site look, they should have been in here insisting that this be stopped when the last OOT survivor was happening. But nobody said anything then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cola, just to be clear...

My objection is not with OOT survivor... but with this specific challenge!

If OOT survivor is about 2 posters that should be banned, and in the spirit of the way OOT is being run, the OOT mods decide to allow the members to decide which one should be allowed to remain, this is a gimmick that works!!!

If OOT survivor is used to put up two respected posters, neither of which should be banned (and in this case 1 respected enough to be a Mod), as a grand pissing contest... then it detracts from the 2+2 mission and detracts from the respect all 2+2 mods have earned!

And specifically to diebitter... You should respect your Mod position more, than to allow yourself to be called out in this way... I suggest again that you suspend him for his flaming post, and be done with it!
Old 02-14-2006, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But why this time and not [censored] vs. Stuey? You know that I never liked OOT Survivor, but what makes this challenge the one that needs to be stopped before we prevent them in the future? I tried to think of good answers to both of those questions. Nothing came to mind.

Seriously, tell me what makes this different from the last few that were allowed? If we put a stop to this one based solely on how it makes the site look, we need to publicly unban those who lost previous challenges.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing makes this one different. It's just the one that came to my attention and pissed me off the most.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] wanted to go out anyway, and this whole charade was his schtick to begin with. It was always retarded, but it's more than over the line now. I'd like to see Mat ax it. Hell, I think NPA chiming in in the thread would mean something, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's dumb. But I'm going to stay out of it directly... it's Mat's decision to make, not mine. I'm just voicing my opinion here.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The contest didn't need to be started immediately (or held at all). It could have easily waited a day.

If you're going to disrespect the wishes of other OOT mods (me), what should hold me back from deleting the thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty... you can always move the thread here! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
(act, then think)

Astro... Given the discussion in this forum, you should have let it play out here before starting the thread in OOT!
Old 02-14-2006, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Settle down here. This is Mat's decision to make.