Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Coworker slapped retarded kid in front of mother (TR)

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm. For the people who think she should def be fired, would you say the same thing if she was male and the kid grabbed the testicles?
AFAIK, grabbing a boob with a strong fist can be extremely painful.
Maybe we can get some female imput.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boobies are definitely sensitive and I'm sure the incident may have been painful, but I highly doubt boobs are as sensitive as balls. Obviously this is a nearly impossible comparison to make but it would take a lot of force/pinching/twisting to put a woman in as much pain as men appear to be in after a blow to the balls. I expect the woman was probably completely startled and felt violated and/or attacked. Is it horrible that she reacted that way and should she be fired? I have no idea. I don't have kids and have no clue how it would feel to be involved in any part of this situation.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm. For the people who think she should def be fired, would you say the same thing if she was male and the kid grabbed the testicles?
AFAIK, grabbing a boob with a strong fist can be extremely painful.
Maybe we can get some female imput.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you kancho them obviously.

Ray
Old 07-31-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that you are missing the point. Sharon didn't realize who was grabbing her, much less the fact that it was a kid. Clearly the boy is very, very underdeveloped mentally for his age/size, but to imply that one also wouldn't discipline a child for hurting you is to partake in some particularly utopian child rearing tactics. I don't encourage knocking children over, but given the mother and the child's reaction, I'm going to assume this little boy hasn't been disciplined and the parents are coddling it. Obviously I don't have any interaction with this specific child, but popping a kid one isn't going to kill it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fluffpop,

You do realize this kid is autistic, right?
Old 07-31-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes. I don't care if the biggest retard in the school district intentionally wound up with his steel toed retard boots and kicked a male teacher in the nuts.

A teacher's impulsive reaction should never be to hit a student.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, show me one man (with testicles) who can be kicked in the balls and have an initial impulsive reaction other than hitting the offender. I agree that she could get fired for this, but being a teacher doesn't magically make your balls not hurt if you're kicked in them, or your tit not hurt if you get a surprise purple nurple.

[/ QUOTE ]

I worked as a camp counselor. The kids thought nut taps were funny... they were not. I took a shot to the nuts once. Reacting violently never crossed my mind and had I done so I would have expected to be fired (we were told as much during our orientation.

Furthermore, I think that if your reaction would be to hit a child in such a situation then you are a pretty [censored] human being.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that you are missing the point. Sharon didn't realize who was grabbing her, much less the fact that it was a kid. Clearly the boy is very, very underdeveloped mentally for his age/size, but to imply that one also wouldn't discipline a child for hurting you is to partake in some particularly utopian child rearing tactics. I don't encourage knocking children over, but given the mother and the child's reaction, I'm going to assume this little boy hasn't been disciplined and the parents are coddling it. Obviously I don't have any interaction with this specific child, but popping a kid one isn't going to kill it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how you refer to the child as 'it'. Not just once but twice.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:49 AM

Hours of fun: http://www.tard-blog.com/

This person is evil/awesome.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:50 AM

Seems like in this environment having a slap be the default response to a tit grab is a little out of order. These are kids. wtf.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:56 AM

as other have said, sucks for everyone involved. I can almost sympathize for the lady. No one here has ever been in a situation where someone grabs you and it really really hurts, maybe they didnt mean it to, but it does, enough so that you cant even get any words out, but you want it to stop?
Old 07-31-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Seems like in this environment having a slap be the default response to a tit grab is a little out of order. These are kids. wtf.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I def agree. I guess I was just playing devil's advocate a bit earlier. The thing is that anyone employed in an environment like this needs to have superior self-control than the average person. I don't really consider myself temper free by any means, but I have held back before after being struck by someone. This woman should be able to do the same.

I know a girl who works with autistic kids every day. A few weeks ago she was very badly bitten in her inner thigh. She bled, and it was very painful. She didn't hit the kid.

edit: I think a woman would be more likely to react violently in this spot IMO, because they feel less personal responsibility for acts of physical violence in general, and they feel entitled to do stuff like this when someone touches one of their no-no spots.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:20 PM

Old 07-31-2007, 12:30 PM

if a tard grabbed my nuts, i'd smack him.

it is more difficult to grab nuts than boobies, and they are more sensitive. the child needs to learn this lesson through negative reinforcement immediately.