Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Week 5

HOW MANY [censored] GAMES CAN ONE [censored] TEAM LOSE ON A [censored] FIELD GOAL ON THE LAST [censored] PLAY OF A [censored] GAME THAT THEY LED THE ENTIRE [censored] WAY?????
Old 10-09-2007, 12:57 AM

We just find ways to lose in this city. Over and over and over again. We don't have 1/4 of the talent Dallas does and we played our asses off tonight. Bad coaching was the reason tonight. It wasn't a skate in the crease. It wasn't a missed field goal on a Super Bowl where we were favored. Everytime, in every close game, no matter how, Buffalo finds a way to lose and the rest of the country smiles. We're not lovable losers like the Cubbies. We're not losers w/ a great backstory like the Red Sox. We're just losers.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:15 AM

On the plus side at least you went to four superbowls in a row and lost them all. Wait. Heh. The universe must have been designed to [censored] with Bills fans. I'm sorry. Being a Lion fan is nowhere near as bad. They never have a chance.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:27 AM

Must be depressing after that game, but hey, you guys played in the best game of the NFL season so far - and will probably be the best game by week 16 (if that's any consolation).
Old 10-09-2007, 04:26 AM

After watching this game tonight, how can any Bills fan not say it's time to fire Jauron and Fairchild? THEY lost this game tonight. You think if Jerry Jones was the owner of the Bills Jauron would have his job in the morning? HELL NO.

The Bills players played great ball. The coaches [censored] up, pure and simple:

trying a 54 yd. field goal with a minute left in the 1st half - either go for it on 4th and 4 or coffin kick he ball so Dallas can't kick an easy FG.

3rd and 1, you're driving - and you try a double reverse??? WTF?

3rd and long at the 11, with a chance to make it a two score game with not much time left, and you let your rooking QB pass it into the flat so it can be picked off? Granted, the Cowboys didn't capitalize on this miscue, but it lost the game for the Bills because it stopped Lindell from hitting an easy FG and making it an 11 point game.

Horrible play calling when the Bills had their last possession and went BACKWARDS 20 yards.

And what about trying to COVER the down and out?? What else can the Cowboys do? How in the [censored] do you concede 8 YARDS, thereby giving Folk a very makable kick?

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Fire Jauron and Fairchild NOW.

It certainly was an entertaining game, I'll give 'em that! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2007, 04:36 AM

Totally agreed Dom. I always thought Jauron was a [censored] coach in Chicago. Looks like things haven't changed.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

trying a 54 yd. field goal with a minute left in the 1st half - either go for it on 4th and 4 or coffin kick he ball so Dallas can't kick an easy FG.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was literally standing and screaming at the TV when this is going on. I just knew that this would cost us at least 3 pts and possibly 7 and I also knew right then and there that the points we were going to give up would be the difference in the game.

Also, we have one of the best punters in the NFL at downing it deep in the other team's red zone. Just awful. I mean, it's not that I think we had a chance to win the Super Bowl or anything, but this was just a devastating and unnecesary loss.

edit to add:

BTW, the Bills have lost 2 games this year in which they NEVER TRAILED!!!!!1!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2007, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And what about trying to COVER the down and out?? What else can the Cowboys do? How in the [censored] do you concede 8 YARDS, thereby giving Folk a very makable kick?

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Fire Jauron and Fairchild NOW.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can actually live w/ the FG attempt, the 3rd down pass & everything else...

This was inexcusable. He gives his coordinators lots of power, he's supposed to be a defensive coach. What purpose does he serve if he can't call time out or do whatever he has to do to defend the most obv. play ever? In his press conference he basically said they were conceding the 50+yd fg because they had to defend "other options". Of course no reporters had the guts to ask what these mysterious options were. As far as I can tell all of these other options Dallas had involved losing the game.

As for Fairchild, I've taken it easy on him. But I think if Evans can catch Newman from behind which he did on the int, maybe it's not the worst idea ever to take a shot deep in single coverage? I dunno, maybe that's crazy.

This is what you get when you hire on the cheap though.
Ralph lives - we get a 3rd rate team.
Ralph dies - the team moves.
It's a [censored] spot. I'm praying Gollasano buys the team but I haven't heard any rumors about that.
The draft can't get here fast enough. It's going to be weird rooting for Miami to win some games - go Cleo Lemmon!
Old 10-10-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is what you get when you hire on the cheap though.
Ralph lives - we get a 3rd rate team.
Ralph dies - the team moves.
It's a [censored] spot. I'm praying Gollasano buys the team but I haven't heard any rumors about that.
The draft can't get here fast enough. It's going to be weird rooting for Miami to win some games - go Cleo Lemmon!

[/ QUOTE ]

Golisano cannot buy the team without selling the Sabres - part of owning an NFL team is that you cannot own a franchise in another sport.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After watching this game tonight, how can any Bills fan not say it's time to fire Jauron and Fairchild? THEY lost this game tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

They've been calling for Jauron's head all week on Buffalo Sports Talk Radio.

On a separate note: here is a Youtube video that a friend of a friend made Monday night tailgating. He's a member of the Bills Army. Does anyone remember seeing the Hulk Hogan on the jumbotron?

Bills Army Tailgate