Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2006, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Summer in Washington D.C.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to find some cheap housing that is relative safe and near a subway.

[/ QUOTE ]

"LOL"

[ QUOTE ]
Where do the young people hang out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite all the gay jokes you are getting (and with good reason) Dupont Circle is filled with hot college interns during the summer. You really can't miss by hanging out at any of the Dupont bars. plus people you know will be going to happy hours with people they know. go to a lot of these
Old 04-18-2006, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
plus people you know will be going to happy hours with people they know. go to a lot of these

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a great thread a little while ago about DC happy hours. Let me do a quick search to see if I can find it.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Georgia Avenue/OP,

Maryland is much worse than Virginia. And it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

whitey:

Rap battle for regional domination?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet you $10,000 Virginia is better than Maryland. If I lose, I'll transfer you $10,00 on Neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH, tho' I doubt you have 10k after paying car tax and high insurance costs from all of the crappy drivers over yonder. Also, you're a racist.

Check 1, 2, check 1-2
--GA
Old 04-18-2006, 03:53 PM

I will have a smallish (12 x 10 i think) room for rent in a Falls Church house this summer. The house is an 8 minute walk from the West Falls Church metro and in a very safe area. It is a 21 minute train ride to downtown DC. You would share a BR with two other clean males. The price would be $525 inclusive of all utilties. If you might be interested let me know and i'll clean up my inbox so i can accept PMs.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
plus people you know will be going to happy hours with people they know. go to a lot of these

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a great thread a little while ago about DC happy hours. Let me do a quick search to see if I can find it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poboy: I started that thread. There's also a happy hour spreadsheet I had attached.

I also have a bar review site that will be up soon (has been in development FOREVER)...if anyone has reviews I'd love submissions.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will have a smallish (12 x 10 i think) room for rent in a Falls Church house this summer. The house is an 8 minute walk from the West Falls Church metro and in a very safe area. It is a 21 minute train ride to downtown DC. You would share a BR with two other clean males. The price would be $525 inclusive of all utilties. If you might be interested let me know and i'll clean up my inbox so i can accept PMs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should make sure to have Dim Sum at Mark's Duck House, if it's still there.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cubswin: I'm looking to live near the falls church/clarendon area come next august. Could you give me any information on areas that have housing for rent near metro stops? Also, what's typical rent in that area if I can find a 4-bedroom house to share w/ some guys?
Old 04-18-2006, 04:03 PM

I go to GWU, and will be here for the summer myself. No such thing as cheap housing in DC. I pay 1300 a month sharing a 2 bedroom with one other guy, which is way below market rate (I know the landlord and got a deal).

Good places to hang out are plentiful in DC. Adams Morgan, and Dupont Circle are my favorites, and Georgetown is pretty cool as well.

There should be another 2+2er get together sometime soon. Even though I dont post that much, I was kind of pissed that I missed the first one.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:05 PM

I live in Foggy Bottom (at GWU), and the cheapest housing around here is around $1300-1400. Find yourself some roommates and enjoy the city - it's almost worth the price.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There should be another 2+2er get together sometime soon. Even though I dont post that much, I was kind of pissed that I missed the first one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Asofel is the ring leader of such events, he manages to take a potencial train wreck into a good times [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]