Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 09:53 AM

Default Re: pinny pull out?

I mentioned this on the RX as well, but the part that strikes me as oddest is the fact that they had only one clerk answering the phones who seemed to have no idea what was going on. If you're going to make such a sudden, earth-shattering announcement, you should have enough informed clerks on duty to answer people's questions.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I worry others are going to follow suit, esp. after the superbowl.

[/ QUOTE ]

My worry is when the others do it after the superbowl, they will take the $$$ and run.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:21 AM

Unreal.

The real question. Why did Pinny instantly pull out of the US market? They know something we don't. When other books find this info out what will they do?

-Brendan
Old 01-11-2007, 10:36 AM

I have to go cry now.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:37 AM

What are our options? I've got plenty of poker sites to play at, but Pinnacle was really the only site I liked for betting soccer. Is there a way around this with a foreign bank account or something?
Old 01-11-2007, 10:58 AM

What the heck do they expect me to do now?!!!! Find something productive to do with my life?!!!! You gotta be shi$%ing me!!!!

Here's the likely progression of my emotional state in reaction to this news: (I don't know if it's going to take hours, days, months, or years to play out.) [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But that's just my life. About the fact that we live in a country that doesn't allow me to make the choice of whether or not I can play at Pinnacle, it will always be: [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] and [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2007, 11:15 AM

You have to open an account and have residency in canada or somewhere else/the question is to try and do this. If you open a pinny account with the same name they will want proof of residncy etc..so now is the time to have friends...
Old 01-11-2007, 11:19 AM

That's what I was assuming. What complications would there be if a close friend of mine in England were to open a Neteller and Pinny account in his name for me to gamble on in the states?
Old 01-11-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's what I was assuming. What complications would there be if a close friend of mine in England were to open a Neteller and Pinny account in his name for me to gamble on in the states?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this for party poker and use IP masks to match locations. Zero problems. I would assume the same for pinny. However, I would first worry about the stability of pinny though before I deposited anything there.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unreal.

The real question. Why did Pinny instantly pull out of the US market? They know something we don't. When other books find this info out what will they do?

-Brendan

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine that Bodog and WSEX will always be the last two to leave. Both have publically stated that they are breaking no laws and both are owned by people who seem to want to just poke the USA in the eye anyway.

If one of those two ever stops, I think it will all stop.

FWIW I think that all americans should consider leaving $1 in their Pinnacle accounts so that they can still access the dynamic displays.

Lori