Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Kaz2107 in tha well (Birthday edition)

im going to the beach today with some girl but I feel sick.

Should I cancel the outting and try to have us in her house cooking [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] or go on and cover up like a little girl
Old 02-16-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Happy birthday kaz!

What are you're stats in a typical 6 max game?
Have you tried the 100 NL game on various sites or only at Stars? How do the games play there? What do you think is the key to beating them?
Thx. Isaaaaac...

[/ QUOTE ]

1. my stats at 100nl after 40ishK hands are 19 14 3. if u want more stats lemme kno which ones u want.
2. i actually have only played like 3k hands at stars for 100nl. my opinion on the stars games is that they r rather nitty and u have to try to open up your game a bit to have more success there. that really isnt my expertise therefore i dont like playin there. FT is similar but not nearly as bad. i also hear UB has more calling stations and less nitty regs.
i think the key to beating them at least for me seems to be better turn play. i feel like my knowledge (or lack of knowledge) of turn play has been exploited much more at 100nl. so i have been trying to patch that up. i also think u have to be able to get value out of regs better which means u have to be creative and cant just use the stack a donk line or bet bet bet lines. u have to do out of the box things and try to confuse the people into makin mistakes. obv sometimes this wont work out all that wll but when u get better at it the regs who play 8 tables or wutever and dont really pay attention will get owned.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I make a vid of me spewing at NL 600 6max???

[/ QUOTE ]
yes obv own
Old 02-16-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what do u think are the main differences between 25NL / 50NL / 100NL?

[/ QUOTE ]
well obv there are more regs at each level as well as regs who r better. 25nl there really werent many regs and the ones who were there were easily esploitable if u half payed attention. at 50nl i finally encountered some decent tags. i think this is the point where some people stop moving up a bit and r semi content with where they r so they stay at 50NL for longer then they would at 25 or 10nl. at 100nl there is a good deal of decent players for the most part and i see the same people relatively frequently. i have started to try to pay more attention to how these regs play certain situations and actually takin notes every once in a while.

to be honest tho there r still lots of fish and the fish r just as bad from every level. i think this is why u can move up so quickly. there r fish at EVERY level and if u table select well and can play against the regs with some consistancy u will b profitable. if u r beating the level u r at (at a decent win rate of like 4 or 5 bb/100 for a good sample of like 20k hands) u will b able to beat the next level imo as long as u give ur self a shot to adjust, can handle it emotionally, dont tilt and play THE SAME. that is tough however
Old 02-16-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you drinking?

[/ QUOTE ]
last night i drank cheap vodka (lime flavored burrnettes) and sprite. (last night wasnt tha big night really)

saturday night i will b drinking ecto-coolers. (which is a shot of grey goose 2 shots of hypnotiq and red bull.) i wanted to buy a bottle of cristal but im in a semi small college town and all the liquor stores in town either didnt have cristal in stock or were tryin to charge DOUBLE price for it. i shoulda planned ahead more so i coulda ordered it
Old 02-16-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've got one.

20+2 two-table tournament at Absolute. I've got TT in middle position with an average-sized stack of about 3500. Blinds are 150/300 with 25 antes. There's one limp in front of me. I am trying to stay tight and 99-JJ are the hands that give me the most trouble in tournaments. What's your move with the TT? Assume no real reads on anyone in front of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

note: i am by no means great at mtts and have basically NO EXPERIENCE playin 2 table sngs but here is my gut feeling (Thac can come in and correct me if im wrong [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
assuming i have seen this guy lip on occassion (ie this is his first limp utg or utg+1 and is semi likely to b trapping) and i shove. u have just under 12 big blinds and need some chips rather soon here. TT is a solid hand considering no one has shown much strength. Shoving here and stealing the 750 chips that are in the pot will b huge and will put u in a much more comfortable spot for now. if u r called u have a decent hand and will b a coin flip more often then not. u ahve to b aggressive in this spot and look to win some hands with out showdowns in this middle stage of mtts to have success in them.

if ur hand were sumtin more along the lines of 7s or 8s i would have more trouble and prolly lead more towards a fold. i just think TT is to strong to fold and to vulnerable to do much else. so default is shooooove
Old 02-16-2007, 02:16 PM

happy birthday! me and you share the same birthday!

1) why are people with their birthday on Feb. 15 so good at poker?

2)fav Lon McCearn/Norman Chad quote?

3)Your fav poker books?
Old 02-16-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LIFETIME GRAPHS AND STATS GOOGOOGOGOGOOG

also biggest pot won, and biggest pot lost plskthx

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont kno how to combine all my graphs from different sites togther so here is the ones i have in order from when i first started cash till now

this is my time at PP

here is my time at stars

here is all my new 100nl stats (PS recently i seem to be drawn to monsterous pots and a crummy break even stretch [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

heres my stats from party (as u can see i sucked at poker when i made my first jump to 50nl and was no where near ready [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

stats from stars

the converter wont seem to work right now so here is a link

biggest pot won
http://www.pokerhand.org/?828228

biggest pot lost
http://www.pokerhand.org/?828231
Old 02-16-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Happy B-day bro !!!!

I haven't been much around lately and won't be until April, so I expect you to win my share of money of the fishies as well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
thnx yo. when u get back into tha swing of things b sure to hit me up

imma take a break cuz i HAVE TO FINISH this stuff for physics (i am retaking my test that i got a 57 on but the high grade on the test was an 81 so i dont feel so bad and the professor hates me and i hate her so F that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
Old 02-16-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Biggest MTT win (+ story)?
What hud stats do you look at on postflop streets? (I'm currently only using vpip/pfr)
Things you do to avoid tilt?

And some non-poker:
Favorite movie/book/music/drink?

Happy birthday kaz [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
1. Over chrtistmas break i played a bunch of the big sunday MTTs and i got 250th (i think???) for like 2500ish. i didnt have 100% of myself obv but still felt decent. not much of a story behind it. basically i doubled rather early and then sat around for like 2 hours. then restole back to the avg stack size. then sat around for a while and dropped to under 10bbs. stole a few times and then shoved 68s (i think???) from the button and BB who was playin extremely tight up to this point call with AA and game over.

as far as my best finish... in one of my first ever back in my freshmen year i bubbled a FT on pp. it was a pretty small touney both in buy in and entrants. (i think it was like a 3 dollar tourney with like 400 people in it.) i dont even remember how much i made nor do i remember n e significant hands. i have been tryin to play a lot more of these recently because i feel like i am +EV in them and wanna win one. so hopefully this will get better lata [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2. the hud stats i use most after preflop is street by street aggression (assuming i have a solid sample) as well as fold 2 cbet and check raise percentage. but typically i see there preflop numbers and then these stats and then narrow ranges as much as i can. but i really only use hud stats for narrow my ranges that i put people on so i dont harp on numbers too much as they can often be misleading. (basically if a 4 will make a straight and im in a hand where villian is 21 9 2 and he raised preflop and called my 3 bet) i dont think many 4s r in his range thus can deduct that it is rather unlikely that he hit the straight.

3. as for tilt i dont tilt a ton (but have done it much more now at 100nl then ever bfore) i recently used my VPPs from stars and got 1389228 stress balls and stress stars so i have those sitting all over. i also have my setup in my living room and there r often several people in there doin various things and they make fun of me if i am gettin all mad or tilting so this normally makes me just quit for a while. (also i love money and thus dont tilt too often [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

4. wow favorite movie and music r super tough questions. if i had to pick my favorite movie id say dumb and dumber. i have seen it 2838272 times and pretty much kno ever line in it (as does bonafone HOLLA) heres a list of some of my fav movies from facebook: DUMB and DUMBER, Tommy Boy, Gladiator, Crash, The Bad News Bears, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Through The Fire, Hoosiers, Rounders, Godfather 1-3, X Men 1-3, Fight Club, Searching For Boby Fischer, The Fugitive, A Beautiful Mind, Cinderella Man, American History X, V for Vendetta, Million Dollar Baby, Tupac Ressuraction, Sin City, Walk The Line, Vision Quest, Scarface, Match Point, Closer, Garden State, Mystic River, Se7en, Gladiator, Finding Neverland, Waiting, Envy, Tin Cup, Pulp Fiction, Good Fellas, Fargo, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Enemy at the Gates, Primal Fear, Apollo 13, Forest Gump, Road to Perdition, Clerks, Jay and Silent Bob, Requiem for a Dream, Star Wars 1-6, Home Alone, Jingle All the Way, Lord of the Rings 1-3, Mighty Ducks 1-3

music might even b tougher. i seriously have some of almost EVER type of music on my ipod except country. i HATE conutry. other then that tho i like pretty much everything. recently i have been grindin to trance music such as paul oaknefold or dj tiesto and listenin to things like paramore, the hush sound, format, and the academy is. i like so much tho. here is my list from facebook on music as well: 2Pac, 50 Cent, Ben Folds, Coldplay, Common, D12, Dave Matthews Band, Death Cab For Cutie, Eminem, Ferry Corsten, Fort Minor, The Fray, G-Unit, The Hush Sound, Jack Johnson, Jay-Z, Jedi Mind Tricks, Kanye West, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Motion City Soundtrack, Nappy Roots, Nate Dogg, Notorious B.I.G., Obie Trice, Panic! At The Disco, Paul Oakenfold, Paul Van Dyk, Paul Wall, The Postal Service, Tech N9ne, Three 6 Mafia, Timbaland, Tony Yayo, Twista, Warren G, Xzibit, Young Buck

i dont read much but i have read several biographys on micheal jordan and lance armstrong that i enjoyed a ton. i tend to enjoy reading nonfiction biographies about people who were rather interesting and hand crazy lives. not into ficion reading much at all.

my favorite drink (nonalcoholic) is water. i prettymuch never drink n e thing else other then water regardless of where i am. not a huge fan of soda or n e thing else really. my favorite alcoholic drink right now is ecto-cooler (see above post for directions) followed by rum and coke prolly