Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 04:56 AM

Default Re: Desperately Need a new computer chair..., Looking for suggestions.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And not only is the $700 a [censored] house of money right now to spend on a chair, but I have to be honest, the idea of a full back "executive" type chair seems much more appealing so that I can lean back and be comfy etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't recommend one of those, if you're really going to be sitting in it all day. I have one and stopped using it after a week. My neck and shoulders actually burned after sitting in it for two hours. And this was a pretty nice "executive" chair.

They don't look as cool, but what you want is a task chair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm...

Ok, I'll try them out. I'm hearing enough about the "task" chair so you can't all be lying [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2007, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I went to Office Depot and donked around and found a very nice chair for $200 or so. It's incredibly comfortable and leans back far enough to where I can put my hands behind my head and recline.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just got one from Office Max for $100 (150 -50 rebate)... so far my back loves it.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're willing to spend $400, what's $300 more to get the best chair ever made?

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

I purchased an Aeron almost seven years ago and it was a great purchase for me (I use it every day for work and anything else computer related).

I highly recommend Sit4Less - they offer a 12-year warranty on the chair. I have had to use the warranty twice -- once for the arm of the chair (the pieces that allow you to adjust the arms up and down broke after about 5 years of wear and tear) and another time when the hydraulic chamber (that allows you to move the chair up and down) stopped working.

Both times they were extremely responsive and I had a fixed chair within a couple of days (including sending someone out to change out the hydralic chamber). Cost to me: $0. Bonus that I was able to handle the warranty request over email -- never even had to call anyone!

To me spending $700-800 *once* about every ten years >>> spending $150-300 every 3-4 years as your chairs break. Also, this chair is MUCH more comfortable than any other chair that I have sat in, especially if you are going to be using it for long amounts of time (online poker, anyone???)

Save up the extra $300 or so and buy the Aeron. You might even be able to find a used one for cheap on eBay.