Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Is There Value in NLHU-MULTIS?

The only thing that would make me sleep better at night is for you to realize what a complete and utter moron you've been through this thread, and all of the other ones where you've jumped into with a superior attitude, INCORRECT information, and a severe lack of understanding of extremely basic concepts. Concepts so basic that you can't really even call them math. I mean, seriously, do you *still* not see that you can't compare profit numbers directly between a 4 man tourney and 2 individual sngs?. If you still believe that is a valid comparison, please lay out every detail that makes you believe the comparison is valid and useful. How are they alike enough that you can take those two profit numbers, and say that one being higher than the other means anything useful at all?

If you were to come to that realization, then I will have done the forum, the world in general, and even YOU, a big service.

Lack of understanding is great. I understand much more about equity and variance calculations then I did when I was originally trying to figure out why everybody thought HUSNGs were much lower variance than HUCASH. For that, I have you and omgwtfnoway to thank, even though the only reason that I had to come to the understanding I do have is so that you could actually understand what I was saying in terms and methods that were familiar to you.

Incorrect information is great too. Everybody screws up. I mess up simple math all the time. That's why I try to lay it out, so when I make bonehead errors, they're easy to catch and fix.

But the superior attitude, when combined with fairly frequent instances of the other two, especially when combined with an apparent inability to see mistakes when people point them out explicitly, well that just makes my blood boil.

The fact that you still can't seem to comprehend that your profit comparison *might* not have been exactly kosher, while acting like I'm the one being an idiot here, is completely laughable.

Oh, and I'm also especially interested in responses to the last couple posts, where you appear to have created completely fictional arguments and attributed them to me.

I mean, I've heard of straw men before, but isn't that a little excessive? Usually they're supposed to at least have some sort of roots in what the person is saying, so that observers can draw the connection between your carefully crafted fiction and the reality.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:30 PM

And if nothing else, hey...at least everybody gets their entertainment fill this week.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You math degens should hu4rollz.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-13-2007, 04:34 PM

TNixon, I used to be like you...and its not a very happy place [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Indy
Old 10-13-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No need. I can tell you the result already. TNixon runs superbad through most of the match, finally catches something strong, and gets runner-runnered in some freakish way after getting it all in on the flop as at least a 70% favorite.

That's been my story for about a month and a half. No reason for it to change now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TNixon, I used to be like you...and its not a very happy place

[/ QUOTE ]
Sweet! So I'm on the right path to uber-poker balladom?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-13-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No need. I can tell you the result already. TNixon runs superbad through most of the match, finally catches something strong, and gets runner-runnered in some freakish way after getting it all in on the flop as at least a 70% favorite.

That's been my story for about a month and a half. No reason for it to change now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, what are the odds you run bad for a month and a half + 1 day?

your luck is about to turn around
Old 10-13-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a post I wrote last year ( can't believe a year went by so fast ) about why choosing a 4 player tournament is often times more profitable .

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=7700993

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember reading that thread. Seems like more than a year ago to me.