Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 01:34 AM

Default Re: PSA: EVERYONE READ

chi,
noone is calling you out. i can understand your frustration when others don't elaborate their thoughts further. (i know i'm guilty of this many times).
Old 04-25-2007, 01:53 AM

Orange,

Be patient, everything is cyclical. This too will pass.

Not to say that I haven't been guilty in the past, but I and many others would really appreciate if everyone watched their language. Some of the comments on here are beyond rude. This is suppose to be a fun, learning environment. There aren't going to be many productive discussions that stem from those types of comments.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
chi,
noone is calling you out. i can understand your frustration when others don't elaborate their thoughts further. (i know i'm guilty of this many times).

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem, tbh, is that many situations are completely and utterly standard, and there are 20+ sticky posts explaining the situation.

I'm just too lazy to explain to someone why limping OTB with KJo after a CO open-limps is bad. Or why you don't have to pot c-bet every...single...flop. Or why calling from the blinds for set-value vs. a button raise is bad.

These things are fundamentals. And by the way, if 7 or 8 pooh-bah posters or mods in a row ALL respond to your advice by saying "That's terrible advice, you should do the opposite", then the correct response is NOT to say, "Wow these 2+2 players all suck, and I can't be wrong so I'll elaborate some more about why my opinion is correct."

I'm not singling any one player out, but that's been the tone the last day or two.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:03 AM

yeah there's a reason people have a ton of posts. i used to get really mad at players for telling me flat out that i was wrong. then i posted a ton more and realized that about half the time, i was the idiot and was just too stubborn to admit it. if ur going to tell someone they are wrong even if it a super standard hand or concept, give a tiny reason why at least tho...

if u want to get better, check ur ego at the door and dont take it personally when someone tells u that ur wrong. try to find out why they think this and why you think the way you do. make it constructive.
Sometimes people post really silly advice and are new and get shot down and take it personally, plz don't do this. ur only hurting urself by getting offended. this place is a great resource, but u have to be able to take criticism.

long story short, everyone gets offended really easy and its funny.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:04 AM

Just smelling the arrogance that emanates from the pores of nearly every person here w/ 500+ posts makes me wants to puke. It's a damn internet message board biblo, if you don't want to respond to a post where someone limps KJo then don't! But don't get your panties in a bunch over the fact that you had to open that link and see it. Oh the humanity!

Quite frankly I've learned a lot from these boards and anyone who thinks they are above this forum can just leave and take your attitude with you- you won't be missed!

I guess once you reach a certain level but are never good enough to play higher you get frustrated and lose your patience with people around here.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess once you reach a certain level but are never good enough to play higher you get frustrated and lose your patience with people around here.

[/ QUOTE ]
This doesn't help your point. DUCY?
Old 04-25-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No and you are one of the people who gives this forum the bad rep that it has, with statements like that.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Carnival Hobo,

Since you seem to have an attitude about you that helping noobs like myself and others feel welcome and learn here, I'm curious what you're doing here yourself? Certainly you weren't a noob once, and obviously you can't ignore the threads that irritate you. You're obviously a great player judging by your quick rise through the ranks via posting a lot over the course of the year and to consider that you might be willing to give back would be preposterous, of course.

As for sending us noobs to uNL, some of us have played a lot of poker and just recently found 2+2. If I play 1/2 and 2/4 why should I have to post down there because I am new? I understand your desire for some elitist society but don't think a public message board will ever serve that purpose. If you don't like it here, you're more than welcome to leave because with the attitude you've displayed in this thread it's certain that new posters like myself and others will be taking over this place before long, since we're actually here to learn and discuss hands rather than flaunt our post counts and demand respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you for letting me know i can leave.

I have given a session review 200ish hands with detailed responses to 2 uNLers, I live with 2 guys who play uNL and talk to them about poker almost daily. I have several other friends who i speak to about ssnl/msnl poker on a daily basis. I dont know where you got the idea i dont like helping people learn about the game. Perhaps you mistake my brevity for attitude. I also post semi regularly in the uNL forum in an effort to give back. I feel like this forum is a big part of how i improved as a player, but mostly by reading. I think that there are far too many new players who see hand posts and then post every hand where they lost over 20bbs for the entire session. I try to give meaningful responses to the threads where some thought is required but if you are overlimping AK or smoothcalling a button steal with TT then a simple raise preflop is all you are going to get.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No and you are one of the people who gives this forum the bad rep that it has, with statements like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are critiquing other posters for having an attitude, then end your post by saying they aren't good enough to move up.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:52 AM

Great post. I'm sure this will help making the forum better. Maybe something like this could be stickied.

regards,

dardo