Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many is that?
1 8 11.76%
2 7 10.29%
3 6 8.82%
4 6 8.82%
5 4 5.88%
6 7 10.29%
7-10 13 19.12%
10-15 7 10.29%
16-20 3 4.41%
21 or more 7 10.29%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2006, 04:19 PM

Default Re: I can\'t read the board club

I've misread my hand online several times. Not the board. My hand.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:35 PM

I've committed one of the worse sins ever...I wasted a straight-flush. I had finally hit like my 4th straight flush ever but the board pairs and I only call his river bet and take the 30bb pot vs his top fullhouse. This was at like 3/6NL I believe. So embarassing...
Old 09-12-2006, 04:55 PM

I can't find the hand, think I had 65.

FLop 472. I bet, call.

Turn 3(really a 7 oops.)
Im so tricky i check. Trickster checks behind with a7.

river blank. I so tricky check again, bet, allin.

Goodbye $600.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:04 AM

Default TY BBV

[ QUOTE ]
I've misread a flush a couple of times, and in one memorable occasion announced it while flipping up my cards at a B&M, until the looks from the other players made me realized I had messed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine was live too, I re-raised all-in on the river when what I thought was the case card hit. Was called and quickly flipped my hand (so not to slowroll) and anouced "Ive got the nuts". Then everyone sat staring at my jack high.

Thanks

I dont feel any better, but misery loves company.

This was alot easier to take then the time I let quad aces time out with a push into me.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:19 AM

Default Re: TY BBV

I flopped a set with 2 clubs on board.
Very agressive and loose player kept betting into me and i somehow thought i flopped a boat and wanted him to catch a 3rd club (put him on a draw).
3rd club came, he check-raised me and i pushed back into his Ace high flush.

Then i realised that club paired the board.
It was a double misread, never had something like this.
I was really sleapy and immediately logged off after that hand.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:41 AM

Default Re: TY BBV

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've misread a flush a couple of times, and in one memorable occasion announced it while flipping up my cards at a B&M, until the looks from the other players made me realized I had messed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine was live too, I re-raised all-in on the river when what I thought was the case card hit. Was called and quickly flipped my hand (so not to slowroll) and anouced "Ive got the nuts". Then everyone sat staring at my jack high.

Thanks

I dont feel any better, but misery loves company.

This was alot easier to take then the time I let quad aces time out with a push into me.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least shouting out that you have the nuts is funny. My conversation went something like:

*Basil Flips a busted flush draw* "I have the flush!"

*moment of silence* "Uhh.. no you don't"

*Basil looks at the board again* "Draw. I meant, I have the flush draw. Crap." *mucks hand, much laughter ensues*
Old 09-15-2006, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My most embarassing one was when I flopped a set, but I got raised on the river when the board was showing 4 spades. I had no spades.

This was at UB where you can 'fold & show'. I did so, then someone asked me why I folded the full house.

I hadn't noticed the board had paired. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just royally F'ed up worse than that less than 24 hours ago in Vegas; in fact I found this thread by Googling for misread borads. Anyway, I was in the same situation (set of aces on the flop), BUT I NOTICED THE BOARD WAS PAIRED. It paired on the turn, and I rememeber thinking, uh-oh, I hope he does not have a full house or something that would beat my set (for some reason I did not realize I had a full house, I still thought I just had a set). Anyway, the river gives the other guy a flush, he shows, I muck my winning hand. Not only did I lose a bunch of money, but we were heads up so we could have re-raise quite a bit.

I am still seething over this. I don't know how I could have been so stupid. Has anybody heard of something THIS bad happening? Again, I knew the board was paired. I put him on a possible fulll house, but couldn't put myself on one. I am so, SO pissed at myself. I need a friggin' brain scan.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done that. I was really drunk and misread a club and spade as 2 spades. After getting called, I tabled the hand and announced flush. The other player saw two black cards, held up his hand to show the player to his left he had a set of 5's and threw his hand in the muck. The other player announced that I didn't have the flush and the guy with the set tried to get his cards back. The dealer told him his hand was dead and pushed me the pot. The guy called the floor man who also declared his hand dead. I was accused of angle shooting, which I completely understand, but I was just too drunk to realize it myself.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:16 AM

Last year a guy overbet bluffed me on the river with one crappy pair and I instacalled the all-in on board with a bunch of paint on it with K-high. When the 6k pot got shipped to other guy I thought party was malfunctioning or something. Then I read the HH. Then I went on massive tilt.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:32 AM

has tuff fish posted in this thread yet?