Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2006, 10:55 AM

Default Re: nintendo ds lite

[ QUOTE ]
[quote

I'd seriously destroy anyone at Tetris [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Game on. I have been playing late at night when many players are usually from Japan. All I can say they got serious skills. It has help made me a better player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats your rating? I'm 6600. If anyone is up for a match its probably easier to set it up over MSN, PM me and we can figure it out.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[quote

I'd seriously destroy anyone at Tetris [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Game on. I have been playing late at night when many players are usually from Japan. All I can say they got serious skills. It has help made me a better player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats your rating? I'm 6600. If anyone is up for a match its probably easier to set it up over MSN, PM me and we can figure it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, noob. I have a 7010 rating. I play way too much tetris. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2006, 08:43 PM

My raiting keeps flopping around. 6400-6600.

The 4 player tetris can really mess up your score because you can dominate sometimes, but other times you will get hit with 2-3 powerups in a 5 sec span and it will totally bust you.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:47 PM

Do you guys play Push or standard?
Old 08-17-2006, 09:08 PM

I only play 2 player standard. My score was steady around 6500 for a good while, then I broke through and I've been at the 6800-7000 range. One loss to a lower ranked player kills your rank. Fortunately that usually only happens when I screw myself up. I sometimes get in a rush and push "down" twice in a row by accident or I push it a split second too soon. Then I have to spend the rest of the match trying to rescue myself from that stupid mistake. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] The really good players punish you when you do that.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:25 PM

You should try push. Wait until you have an epic back and forth match that takes 10-15 minutes. You will never go back to standard.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:46 PM

I haven't actually played Push since the first week I got the game. I'd have to practice vs the CPU before trying wifi. I'd hate to kill my rating (which is now 7128 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])
Old 08-17-2006, 09:50 PM

Nice rating. I'm only at 5500 something because I don't play much. Also, I thought the ratings for each mode was separate. I could be wrong though.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:55 PM

No, your rating goes with you from game to game. I had a 6500 rating when I took my first stab at 4 player mode. After a few losses, I was down to 5800. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

You have to play an ungodly amount of tetris to get good at it. I spend most of my day at the computer, so I play whenever I need a 5-10 minute break. I've won over 600 games now.

The only bad thing is I have to play with the sound off. If I don't that music sticks in my head and I'm seeing tetris every time I close my eyes for the rest of the day.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:58 PM

Just another reason to play push! The music is the minimal bloops and bleeps from the original Donkey Kong.