Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 06:31 AM

Default Re: multiaccounters caught?

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.pocketfives.com/2D8D039B-...F1CD165B2.aspx

[/ QUOTE ]
development, implications, etc
Old 08-16-2007, 08:47 AM

It appears that JJ is some sort of shady master mind, backing 50% of the top tourney players, and multi accounting on a massive scale.

He appears to be aided and abetted by a squad of minions who do his evil bidding in return for cold hard cash.

I wish I could hate on him, but to tell you the truth he seems quite a bad ass and by all accounts he is only 12.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:05 AM

so ftp is the new UB?

happy birthday nath!
Old 08-16-2007, 09:16 AM

I am confused. Is JJ doing multiaccounting on FTP? I would think he would retire from that after getting banned from Stars and Party. Why would he still be doing [censored] like that after getting caught so bad?
Old 08-16-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.pocketfives.com/2D8D039B-...F1CD165B2.aspx

[/ QUOTE ]

this is likely to be the good one

[/ QUOTE ]

"i wish i could vomit in their faces"

lol
Old 08-16-2007, 10:36 AM

The mods locked my thread so I'll post this here:

One aspect of just-banned multi-accounters on Stars which I'm not sure anyone has touched on yet:

I've long been suspicious of collusion amongst various top players. Could certain sets of players who know each other all nabbed for multi-accounting be evidence of an even larger crime ?

Works like this: A group of players collude in highly fluid manner. It's not about the same 2 or 3 players always sitting at the same table together. It's about jumping around to tables where one of your group is sitting, waiting for the right setup, hitting it, waiting a bit and then one of you leaving.

If a group is colluding in this manner and it's going well, greed might lead to sharing accounts. If group members are unavailable for any reason (sleep, sick, out), other members have the ability to log-in using their accounts and (1) put their money to work (2) distract suspicion by not overly concentrating their collusive activities on a single account.

Additionally, the $ variance of the accounts could lead to certain accounts quite robusto, others less robusto. Long-term you need to consistently bring the less robusto accounts up to snuff so they can jump into the most games.

Moving $ around with withdrawal/deposit is slow and tedious. Player-to-player transfers are probably the most heavily monitored by the poker sites. Overall, the best balance of speed and stealth is to chip dump from the more robust accounts into the less robust accounts.

I'm sure there are other reasons why members of a colluding group would want to share accounts.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:44 AM

News flash: a lot of big winners are cheaters
Old 08-16-2007, 10:44 AM

none of this changes that nobody ever posts any facts, and 50% of the people over there (and probably here) think zeejustin and jjprodigy are the same people
Old 08-16-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
happy birthday nath!

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2007, 11:17 AM

After going through the threads on p5's (my head now hurts) and actionjeff's thread here on twoplustwo. It seems like there is one fact that still stands out, there are still players out there that are multi accounting and making a living off of cheating.

These cheaters are killing online poker. Online poker has been going through enough with the U.S. already trying to ban it, and every week it seems like it has been more difficult for the small time player to make a deposit.

There are players out there right now that may not be multi-accounting themselves, but they do know of peers that are doing just that.

Cheating is wrong, back in the day when you cheated in cards in the old west you were shot.

Much more here is at stake:

1. The fish are going to see all these posts about this subject and say "I knew it was rigged" and stop playing online. So we lose some fish.

2. This is just giving more ammo to the powers that be that want to see online poker gone forever.

I urge all the online players that know of someone multi-accounting or cheating by useing someone elses account that was paid off by the cheater, to e-mail the online poker sites and blow the whistle on these players that are killing the sport that you play & love everyday.

The sites can not police everyone, it is up to us as the players to make sure our sport stays clean.