Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Simple TPTK hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Baltostar- Very interesting. I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're the fool who so wants to believe he can wire his game to a good ability to identify type of player.

You don't seem to understand that the player ecosystem only evolves into more highly branched tree.

While you overconcentrate on perfecting downtrending skills that (perhaps) got you to where you are, the game continues to evolve. Those without baggage, and those with the ability to lose their baggage, are the ones who will pioneer the strategies of the future.

Do you really think people designing bots are coupling identification of poor players to the pattern of play you observed in this hand? Another bot would quickly show up that would heavily exploit the first.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:11 PM

Baltostar, wow.

You don't seem to realize that a lot of the advice you give is based on flawed reasoning. You seem to be on an ego trip in all your posts which is why no one wants to help you fix your holes.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're the fool who so wants to believe he can wire his game to a good ability to identify type of player.

You don't seem to understand that the player ecosystem only evolves into more highly branched tree.

While you overconcentrate on perfecting downtrending skills that (perhaps) got you to where you are, the game continues to evolve. Those without baggage, and those with the ability to lose their baggage, are the ones who will pioneer the strategies of the future.

Do you really think people designing bots are coupling identification of poor players to the pattern of play you observed in this hand? Another bot would quickly show up that would heavily exploit the first.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's as if eight monkeys worked on six typewriters and two My First Computer (Ages 8 and Up) for an hour
Old 10-12-2007, 06:30 PM

baltostar,

did you seriously study poker theory for 10 months before starting to play? Srs bz.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:59 PM

Baltosar, Your advice is awful and you have such an inflated ego that you don't recognize your mistakes and work towards fixing your leaks.

I personally challenge you to sit with 5 HSMTT'ers in a 6max NL cash game or 8 HSMTT'ers in a full ring NL cash game.

Or play me HU forever and ever [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 07:10 PM

foreva eva...for eva eva?!
Old 10-12-2007, 07:10 PM

regarding the hand, i like call/call/call but fold once he full pots the turn. did you really have him beat?
Old 10-12-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Baltosar, Your advice is awful and you have such an inflated ego that you don't recognize your mistakes and work towards fixing your leaks.

I personally challenge you to sit with 5 HSMTT'ers in a 6max NL cash game or 8 HSMTT'ers in a full ring NL cash game.

Or play me HU forever and ever [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I want to do that ? I don't derive my income (or my ego for that matter) from poker.

My advice isn't awful. Quite the opposite, my advice is consistent of the wave of the future.

Don't you get it ? Patterns of good players and pattens poor players are both, first and foremost, just patterns. Any pattern is exploitable by AI.

This forum totally over-concentrates on MTTs as a collection of individual battles against specific opponents -- under the assumptions that opponent play patterns fall into a small number of categories, rapid identification of category is possible, and that various predictable exploitable behaviors are associated with most categories.

What happens when these distinctions multiply and blur and associated profit margins collapse to the point that risk of misidentification is not worth it? Don't you think that players or bots will emerge in force that represent exploitable patterns with the specific intent of exploiting the exploiter ?

Extrapolate the metagame trend.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:56 PM

I fold the turn too, I must be a huge nit when people hit the pot button. He probably has 222 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 08:00 PM

Baltostar,

You're talking to a bunch of players who are much better than you, and they've got the results to prove it. Why are you so positive that you are correct? Just because it sounds good in your head doesn't mean it's right. When you start making loads of final tables, or at least can be considered a respected player, THEN you can maybe preach to us about why your strategy is so good.

Also your posts are incredibly confusing, I'm guessing this is done in order to make yourself look smarter and in hopes that people will take you seriously. It's not working, so you'd better try plan B.