Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Flop: 3d, 4h, Tc

[ QUOTE ]
I imagine BB has a Ten here and we are about 50/50 against the range of Tens ...

[/ QUOTE ]

The only T we beat in his range is T8. He could also have 33, 44.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I imagine BB has a Ten here and we are about 50/50 against the range of Tens ...

[/ QUOTE ]

The only T we beat in his range is T8. He could also have 33, 44.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB can have any ten ...

E: 33, 44, 43 ... this is why I would feel better if this guy would bet 99-77 here
Old 05-09-2007, 09:36 PM

Yes you're right, I forgot he checked in for a free play. However, I think the point still stands, in that he's not betting a worse T than ours. Come to think of it, I'm not so sure he's betting a T at all.....but if he is, its usually got us beat.

Also, we're ahead of T2, T5, T6, T7, T8, and behind T3, T4, T5, TT, TJ, TQ, TK, TA. I'm assuming he'd raise AT and TT pf, but if he didn't, he'd probably bet the flop with them.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes you're right, I forgot he checked in for a free play. However, I think the point still stands, in that he's not betting a worse T than ours. Come to think of it, I'm not so sure he's betting a T at all.....but if he is, its usually got us beat.

Also, we're ahead of T2, T5, T6, T7, T8, and behind T3, T4, T5, TT, TJ, TQ, TK, TA. I'm assuming he'd raise AT and TT pf, but if he didn't, he'd probably bet the flop with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

just because villain has a low AF doesn't mean he doesn't bet - it means he tends to call instead of raise

and I see no reason to conclude villain only bets Tens better than ours ...

note: I doubt he raises AT when given a chance to check (TT could go either way)

remember - villain sucks ...
of course he could be betting 33, 44, 43 ... but he could also be betting, any Ten (some better than ours, some worse), maybe pockets lower than 99, maybe crap like 4x too ...
the thing is ... we'll be getting called down with a lot of crap (and some hands that beat us) and only raised with 'the king [censored]'
Old 05-10-2007, 04:33 AM

Default Turn: 8d

[ QUOTE ]
BB could have any ten here since he didn't have to make any VPIP contribution. He could have a smaller pocket pair, a piece of the flop less than a ten or maybe he fancies trying to steal the pot on a relatively unco-ordinated board. He could even be betting a straight draw. I would have thought that a raise was for value here. If the SB folds, that is an added bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. UTG is no real concern and SB checked. So, since we also have position, might want to take a free card if our draw improves, have a reasonable chance of being ahead anyhow, I decided to raise...

Cryptologic
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 5 folds, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4SB, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

They all call and we build ourselves a nice pot.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6BB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero ???

... but what now? What hands do we put villains on, what do we do, based on that?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:18 AM

Default Re: Turn: 8d

[ QUOTE ]
Agree. UTG is no real concern and SB checked. So, since we also have position, might want to take a free card if our draw improves, have a reasonable chance of being ahead anyhow, I decided to raise...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of zero turns where I would check behind if checked to.

Actual turn: lol. So SB has 88, 8+some part of the board, or maybe just an 8. I don't think we're quite good enough to raise here but there's enough dead money around to call down.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of zero turns where I would check behind if checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about something like Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

I'd assume something like this would hit someones range pretty hard...
Old 05-10-2007, 09:58 AM

I think the raise on the flop is thin, but probably best. I call on the turn.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:22 AM

*grunch*

At 9:1 with TPWK, it's call down for me, although this is possibly one of those hands that push my W$SD down [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Edit: I won't call down if an overcard falls and/or things heat up on the river. I'll heat up things myself if my ten falls on the river.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*grunch*

At 9:1 with TPWK, it's call down for me, although this is possibly one of those hands that push my W$SD down [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you assume SB coldcalls the flop and donks the turn with?