Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: 200NL: KK in Blind v. Blind vs Solid...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if people flop sets on me, they are allowed to stack me in 3 bet pots, its like a rule. The fact is, even if you are a nit, people do take shots, this is a battle in the blinds and you have KANGZ

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you like look at Hero and Villain stack sizes? Although this is a 3bet pot villain is getting implied odds to call with any reasonable pocket pair here.

Two important factors are at play:
1. What is villains Att to Steal % and
2. Has he done this from the SB before (is he aware of how important position is)? What history is there between the two of you?
We know villain is a TAG and a thinking player. With these size of stacks he IS NOT going to stack off with a marginal hand because its a "Blind Battle" lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yeah, these are good points actually. I guess I'm not so ready to jam after all. But I still bet the flop 100% and go from there.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:47 PM

However as played on the flop you have to call down. I would either flat call (very unlikely) preflop or raise more preflop. You either control pot size or try to get comitted asap on the flop making things easiser for yourself. This standard 3bet actually just makes things trickier given the stack sizes.

Did we find out what villains hand was?
Old 09-26-2007, 02:41 PM

3bet in big blinds more like this with many hands it is so profitable
Old 09-26-2007, 03:27 PM

Pre-replies:

Why check the flop??? You have the second best possible overpair, time to start the train to valuetown yo. I think this is a really easy bet; it's not like he isn't calling with worse given that he generally expects you to bet any hand here that you would RR pre with. I think he calls you with a huge range of hands.

As played, though, I guess call/call is standard. You can raise the turn if you're willing to get it in (I say this because check flop/raise blank turn looks SUPER weird and thus is a lot more likely to induce weird plays from him; so, you can only really raise any of the following streets if you're ready to get it in), which is somewhat read-dependent, but if not you def aren't folding at any point.

Post-replies:

[ QUOTE ]
That said, I have to be honest here in that I don't EVER see ANY 3 bet pots in BvB in which the 3bettor is doing so light.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? My impression is that ranges go out the window to a certain degree in BvB situations because everybody's so intent on winning the $3 blinds that they're willing to put $50 in the pot before the flop is even dealt just do so. I think people in general (and correctly so) 3bet much, much wider ranges in position in a BvB spot than they would, say, in the small blind vs a button opener - which is still a fairly wide range to begin with!

[ QUOTE ]
And again, raising the river is HORRIBLE. I'm a TAG/NIT. I'm not 3betting light in BvB often. Therefore I'm saying I have a hand. He also is a TAG and he calls. WTF does he put me on here that he can call the river push?

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about the line you took, assuming you shove riv. What exactly are you representing? You check the flop after 3betting pre (looks like a whiffed hand or weakish hand playing for pot control), flat call turn (not raising with lots behind = don't want to get involved in a huge pot), and shove riv on a complete blank that couldn't possibly have helped you (makes sense with...busted draw?).

If you put all this together, honestly, a hand like A7s or 76s makes the most sense. Regardless, your hand looks absolutely nothing like what it is, and a thinking player can easily look you up lighter if he's trying to read hands because, as explained, your line looks like you're full of [censored].

[ QUOTE ]
Do not underestimate how badly people want to outplay, outcall, and outclass each other at the poker table

[/ QUOTE ]

QFTQFTQFTQFT. I think this is the reason I make money at poker.