Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Two Purrzz in a weird spot

i've spent a good 10-15 mins thinking about this.

my conclusion is way too general; i think this is completely dependent on history versus this opponent. given you have no real reads after 3.5k hands, i think you should be able to, on average, discount almost all the hands you beat, except for AK. I can see him playing AK this way.
That leaves AT, TT, AA, 77.

problem as you highlight is he could be on semi-tilt and have QQ/KK/55/66 and thought [censored] it.

this really does suck as a situation. i think to get the best idea given no real history (which itself lowers his bluffing frequency here) is that he tanked for 10 seconds. he clearly wasn't sure what to do. for me that doesn't scream out tilt, that is more '[censored] i have AA/TT/AK' and don't know what to do.

3 to 1, this really is tight. part of me thinks AK would play like this as he wouldn't want to face a raise/shove if he bets the river, hence his check. then he is like 'wait a minute, im probably ahead, let's shove'.

this is very marginal given your getting 3 to 1. also given you flat call the flop, he probably doesn't put you on a set or two pair, and so could figure you have AJ/AQ and so check-calls with AK on the turn and then [censored] himself on the river as he doesn't know what to do. equally it could be '[censored] i have AA, do i value bet or check, wait a minute, im only getting called/raised by a hand that would bet, so i might as well check and let him bet so i can check-raise and gives him a chance to bluff'.

tough spot. when i first read it i was 'def fold', looking into it more i think still a fold, but one i wouldn't feel great about making. call isn't that spewy i dont think, especially when you type [censored] into the chat box and represent tilt.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:05 PM

Ive been in similar situations with sharrow a few times. We used to tangle alot. Sharrow knows u have a hand like u have here and u better believe he/she is not bluffing or has AK or lower 2 pair. Sharrow just has A10 or 1010 here. she/he runs too good for my liking, the sn lady sharrow actually tilts me every time i type or see it.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:40 PM

I can't wrap myself around the theory of this hand enough to respond.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:47 PM

Since it seems fairly likely after turn action villain holds a weak ace or 88-KK. How often will you try to make him fold it on the river. How often are you bluffing here? Do you expect him to call you with JJ on the river?
Old 09-13-2007, 07:47 PM

This is a set almost 100% of the time.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:51 PM

Calling here every single time definitely won`t hurt you much.

Lady_Sharrow is never bluffing here, you're beat 100% of the time against this particular villain. Easy fold against most other tags as well.

[ QUOTE ]
Since it seems fairly likely after turn action villain holds a weak ace or 88-KK. How often will you try to make him fold it on the river. How often are you bluffing here? Do you expect him to call you with JJ on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

mostly he shoudl think the turn is a good card for me to bet pr + draw floats and if i bet them on the turn i would continue on the river, of course he calls with 88-KK some of the time and Ax most of the time
Old 09-13-2007, 08:32 PM

what the [censored] are static and kinetic ranges

i agree that folding is really exploitable since our hand is v. near the top of our range.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what the [censored] are static and kinetic ranges

i agree that folding is really exploitable since our hand is v. near the top of our range.

[/ QUOTE ]

static are hands that guys always have in places and kinetic are hands that guys sometimes have, based on tilt and table selection, etc