Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 10:35 PM

Default Re: Am I blind or is there really no Kobe to Dallas thread???

[ QUOTE ]
Dallas was not mentioned anywhere in the column.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark Cuban job title:

Owner/dancer/secret agent.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<-Dallas fan: don't want him

[/ QUOTE ]

Retarded.

If you can get Kobe without giving up dirk than you have to do it. Especially if it was for a deal like this (which wouldn't get it done so I guess this is a mute point).

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't retarded. I'd like a player with better character, not a selfish prick.

I didn't want TO (and could not care less if he left).

I don't want Bonds.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 10-16-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He also mentions: Washington, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Memphis as all somewhat likely options.

[/ QUOTE ]

Literally impossible. Until the ownership situation gets figured out nothing of this magnitude will happen.

See the early deal for Amare Stoudamire that everyone agreed to except for one owner.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<-Dallas fan: don't want him

[/ QUOTE ]

Retarded.

If you can get Kobe without giving up dirk than you have to do it. Especially if it was for a deal like this (which wouldn't get it done so I guess this is a mute point).

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't retarded. I'd like a player with better character, not a selfish prick.

I didn't want TO (and could not care less if he left).

I don't want Bonds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please. If you are Dallas and have a chance to get Kobe without giving up Dirk or Harris, you do it in a second. That way, Kobe can take the big shots in the playoffs instead of Dirk wilting under the pressure and coming up small again.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Please. If you are Dallas and have a chance to get Kobe without giving up Dirk or Harris, you do it in a second. That way, Kobe can take the big shots in the playoffs instead of Dirk wilting under the pressure and coming up small again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, actually it is to have 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA on the same team. Dirk has taken plenty of big shots and came up big--the coming up small is all anyone remembers.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He also mentions: Washington, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Memphis as all somewhat likely options.

[/ QUOTE ]

Literally impossible. Until the ownership situation gets figured out nothing of this magnitude will happen.

See the early deal for Amare Stoudamire that everyone agreed to except for one owner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Literally?
Old 10-17-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BigSoonerFan,

Please don't be in the room if this decision could somehow be made. I for one would like the greatest basketball player on the planet to be playing for Dallas.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nash isn't going back brah. Your boy Cuban had his chance to resign him but disrespected his skillz and street value.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:14 AM

+

=

Old 10-17-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

+

=

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-17-2007, 12:38 AM

Here's the rest of Ford's article..

The Contenders

1. Washington Wizards

Could the Wizards get both MJ and Bryant in the same decade?

The Wizards' package: Gilbert Arenas, Nick Young, Darius Songaila and a first-round draft pick.
(View the deal in our Trade Machine.)

The Wizards would immediately become Eastern Conference contenders. And with Arenas expected to opt out of his contract next summer, the Wizards would remove the risk that he bolts for another destination … while getting Bryant right now.

For the Lakers, Arenas would return home to add some sizzle to the roster, and Young, another local product, is an athletic 2-guard who would eventually take Bryant's spot in the lineup.

Another possibility would be a three-way deal that would send Bryant to the Bulls, Arenas, Young and Noah to the Lakers, and Gordon, Tyrus Thomas, Viktor Khryapa, Griffin and a re-signed Brown to the Wizards.

2. Phoenix Suns
The Suns flirted all summer with making a blockbuster trade. While Shawn Marion's name dominated the headlines, sources told both Marc Stein and me this summer that the Suns were willing to give up Amare Stoudemire to get Garnett.

So would they be willing to let Stoudemire go to get Bryant? If the answer is yes, can the Lakers really say no to that?

The Suns' package: Stoudemire and Raja Bell.

The deal would make the Suns the smallest team in the league. But with the trade of Kurt Thomas this summer, they're already heading in that direction. This would make the Suns even more extreme, but still a serious contender.

On the Lakers' side, Stoudemire is probably the best talent that they could get in return for Bryant. Pair him with Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom, and the Lakers have an outstanding front line. But what would they do in the backcourt?

3. Atlanta Hawks
The Hawks are the most screwed-up franchise in the business, and they've missed the playoffs eight straight years. So this one's a long shot.

But the Hawks have the pieces to make the Lakers look long and hard at a deal: namely All-Star Joe Johnson and potential All-Star Josh Smith, along with expiring contracts.

The Hawks' package: Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Lorenzen Wright and Anthony Johnson.

Now, would Bryant want to go to Atlanta? And would the Hawks have enough talent to win the East with Bryant?

It's questionable. Josh Childress is a very good role player, but is he ready to be Bryant's Scottie Pippen? Al Horford, Marvin Williams and Acie Law IV have potential, sure -- but they would have to meet the high expectations that come with being lottery picks.

Then again, in the East, Bryant could take this team to the Finals. The questions would be if Bryant sees it that way and if the Lakers see this as their best offer.

4. Memphis Grizzlies

I know the mention of the Grizzlies -- a team some seem to believe isn't really in the NBA -- may cause you to scratch your head, but hear me out.

First, they have the kind of young, exciting athletes the Lakers would be looking to rebuild around. Second, the Grizzlies would still have a strong enough core to be contenders, even in the West. Finally, Jerry West -- a Bryant confidant -- moved from the Lakers' front office to Memphis, and his dream was always to have Bryant join him. Maybe he would come out of retirement to make it happen.

The Grizzlies' package: Mike Conley Jr., Rudy Gay, Mike Miller and Hakim Warrick.

This would have to work for the Lakers. They would be set at the 1, 2 and 3 with this deal. Conley and Gay have the potential to be stars. With Miller and Odom providing veteran balance, the further development of Bynum would make the Lakers one of the best teams in the West.

The deal would also be a slam dunk for Memphis. With Pau Gasol and Bryant, the Grizz would have two legit All-Stars. Kyle Lowry and Damon Stoudamire can man the point, and Darko Milicic projects to be better than what Bryant's had in the middle since Shaq left.
Closed Thread