Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 07:28 AM

Default Re: Boycott On-Line Tournaments in February

[ QUOTE ]
Ban.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about we ban all the jackholes who ask for anybody with a view they don't agree with to be banned?
Old 01-30-2007, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? You're blaming the poker sites for this mess? How on earth did you come to this conclusion? A boycott of B&M's I can see.

Besides, most Americans are going through involuntary boycott of internet gambling already. I myself have been boycotting Party since October.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with the OP. You people seem to think because Stars or Full Tilt are willing to make millions a day off of you in rake that they are somehow your friends. Where are their efforts to legalize online poker? If someone like Stars gave even a month's worth of revenue to the effort we could turn around all this legislation in less than a year. Think about it, Stars pulls in about $1.5 - 2 million a day in revenue. If they gave $45 - $60 million to pro-gaming causes how long do you think it would take to get this whole mess turned around?

The cold hard truth is that the US poker sites have no interest in seeing poker legalized. They want it to be illegal just like a drug dealer prays that drugs remain illegal. As long as it's illegal then they face very limited competition. Nobody who's sane is going to enter this space with any kind of real financial backing. And if it does become legal it will be regulated which means that all of these companies who are thumbing their nose at US laws will never, ever, ever, ever get a license to operate legally in the US.

As much as people think the online poker sites share their interests, things couldn't be any further from the truth.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:54 AM

Please let me know which gtd prize pool touneys you are boycotting... should be a short one but I'll post the winning hand here!

Cheers, Mark
Chk out my blog (link in profile)
Old 01-30-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? You're blaming the poker sites for this mess? How on earth did you come to this conclusion? A boycott of B&M's I can see.

Besides, most Americans are going through involuntary boycott of internet gambling already. I myself have been boycotting Party since October.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with the OP. You people seem to think because Stars or Full Tilt are willing to make millions a day off of you in rake that they are somehow your friends. Where are their efforts to legalize online poker? If someone like Stars gave even a month's worth of revenue to the effort we could turn around all this legislation in less than a year. Think about it, Stars pulls in about $1.5 - 2 million a day in revenue. If they gave $45 - $60 million to pro-gaming causes how long do you think it would take to get this whole mess turned around?

The cold hard truth is that the US poker sites have no interest in seeing poker legalized. They want it to be illegal just like a drug dealer prays that drugs remain illegal. As long as it's illegal then they face very limited competition. Nobody who's sane is going to enter this space with any kind of real financial backing. And if it does become legal it will be regulated which means that all of these companies who are thumbing their nose at US laws will never, ever, ever, ever get a license to operate legally in the US.

As much as people think the online poker sites share their interests, things couldn't be any further from the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill, so if you understand that Poker Sites have interests that may not coincide with Poker Players... then what would be the value of a Boycott? NONE

If you want to teach the poker sites a lesson, you would be telling all your non-US friends that they should only play on US Friendly sites.

US Poker players want to PLAY, not Boycott!