Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Should we have a monthly LC thread?

I would have said no, but I played the most mind bending hand of poker in the history of mankind on Saturday that I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

Ocean's 40 best game ever. Brenda is playing, I am on her left. "The Wizard" is playing, he is on Brenda's right. Some guy playing 90% of his hands and raising most of them is playing, he's is on Wizard's right. They all have lots of chips in front of them and I am ejaculating in my pants every 5 minutes in anticipation of all the dollars I expect to come my way on this grand night.

Crazy guy on Wizard's right raises after 1 limper, wizard calls, brenda calls, I call in sb with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], bb calls, limper calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet, bb calls, pfr calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet, pfr calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet, pfr thinks for a long time, looks at his hand and raises, I 3bet, he calls. I table my hand containing 2 picture cards. He examines the board a couple times for good measure before showing his hand. 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I don't know whether to wait for him in the parking lot for the slowroll or to thank him for not raising me again.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:39 PM

two bad players limp, I raise T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the CO, bb (grumpy old man) calls, limpers call.

flop:
8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, bb calls, fish limper calls

turn:
6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
checks through

river:
7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
bb bets, fish calls, I look at the board and the fish and shrug and raise. grumpy old man is looking at the fish, looking at the board, looking at me, tanks for about a minute, and finally reraises. fish tanks (lol), finally folds and I 4ball. grumpy old man gets grumpier, calls, and takes a walk.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have said no, but I played the most mind bending hand of poker in the history of mankind on Saturday that I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

Ocean's 40 best game ever. Brenda is playing, I am on her left. "The Wizard" is playing, he is on Brenda's right. Some guy playing 90% of his hands and raising most of them is playing, he's is on Wizard's right. They all have lots of chips in front of them and I am ejaculating in my pants every 5 minutes in anticipation of all the dollars I expect to come my way on this grand night.

Crazy guy on Wizard's right raises after 1 limper, wizard calls, brenda calls, I call in sb with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], bb calls, limper calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet, bb calls, pfr calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet, pfr calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet, pfr thinks for a long time, looks at his hand and raises, I 3bet, he calls. I table my hand containing 2 picture cards. He examines the board a couple times for good measure before showing his hand. 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I don't know whether to wait for him in the parking lot for the slowroll or to thank him for not raising me again.

[/ QUOTE ]

It that's the most mind bending hand ever, you need to play a lot more hands. There's been wierder TV hands on WPT.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:31 PM

you should c/r the flop to try and tie brenda into the pot.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:47 AM

OK, my turn. 20-40 in Northern Cal.

Fish limps in in EP, I limp with KJ, MP limper, button limps, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop is AAA. Checked around to button who bets, fish calls, I call, MP calls.

Turn is an A. Board now reads an astounding AAAA. Checked to me, I bet, folded back to EP fish who thinks a long time and then calls. River is a blank. He check-folds.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:39 AM

lol @ folding quads on the river for 1 bet. what a fish!
Old 03-27-2007, 02:47 AM

My fiancee had to go into the office Sunday night, so I decided to follow suit and hit up the 40/80 at Commerce. Some of the highlights included holding an Ace and getting 3-bet on a AK3 flop by T8o -- which was pretty awesome until the turn and river gave him two pair. This stuff continued until I was down a little less than two racks. I then get a call from her saying she's finished up her work and wants to swing by to sweat me. This is great, since it obviously figures to improve my luck (see Sklansky's "Girlfriend Sweating Theorem" if you don't understand why).

A few uneventful hands go by and we order some dinner (she had a salad and some vegetable fried rice; I had the excellent Cantonese style New York steak). Then this hand comes up:

A tight player limps UTG, two other [censored] limp in behind him, I get Kh7h in the SB and throw in two chips, BB checks.

Flop: 757r OMG TRIPS!

I bet because no one ever bets trips, everyone calls.

BB says: "Whenever there's a pair on the board and someone bets, they never have trips."
Tight guy: "I agree."
HAHA OK [censored] I AM GOING TO TAKE ALL YOUR CHIPS. (I don't say this out loud, obviously.)

Turn: 2

I bet.
BB says: "I know he can't have trips, since no one ever bets with them." He raises. Tight player calls. BB says, "Save your money for the honeymoon, kid."

At this point it's pretty obvious to me that BB has the other 7, especially given all his talking. Now he could certainly have A7, 57, or 27, especially since there was no raise preflop. But it's much more likely that I have him outkicked, right? So I 3-bet. Both guys call.

BB says: "Alright, you got me, though I'm worried about the other guy."
I say: "I'm worried about him too!" and laugh, even though I really am a little worried.

River: J

I bet, both call.
BB has 78.
Tight guy has 55.

My fiancee and I had a $3800 dinner that night.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you should c/r the flop to try and tie brenda into the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure if Brenda had wanted to see a turn card here she would have called 3 racks cold, but I still think a c/r might have been good. I've just been donking a lot lately so I figured I'd do it once when I actually have a really good hand.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:31 AM

shawn, you run worse than I do

I played with crazy mike tonight, trip report in nvg.

I have never seen anyone get 6 bets in on the river with quads twice in one night.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:37 PM

AC this weekend holla
Closed Thread