Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Texans

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
States to the east (but still south) are worse. also lived in plano btw, i agree, not very texas-y. but who gives a [censored], i have 2 posts

[/ QUOTE ]yeah i don't see how people complain about texas when there's mississippi and alabama.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume that you mean that Mississippi and Alabama are more rednecky than Texas. Probably. But I was talking more about how Texans seem to have an arrogant attitude like they're better than everyone. It may sound weird but it's similar to the attitude that a lot of English people have.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the fact that texans are retarded hicks and they're allowed to carry guns is scary

[/ QUOTE ]
obviously protecting the border
Old 08-21-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
States to the east (but still south) are worse. also lived in plano btw, i agree, not very texas-y. but who gives a [censored], i have 2 posts

[/ QUOTE ]yeah i don't see how people complain about texas when there's mississippi and alabama.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume that you mean that Mississippi and Alabama are more rednecky than Texas. Probably. But I was talking more about how Texans seem to have an arrogant attitude like they're better than everyone. It may sound weird but it's similar to the attitude that a lot of English people have.

[/ QUOTE ]where in texas were those people from?
Old 08-21-2007, 10:40 PM

just wondering if it's rich-snobby arrogant or ARR FOOTBALL TEAM CAN KICK URR FOOTBALL TEAMS ASS arrogant
Old 08-21-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just wondering if it's rich-snobby arrogant or ARR FOOTBALL TEAM CAN KICK URR FOOTBALL TEAMS ASS arrogant

[/ QUOTE ]

rich snobs who think that therrrr football teams kick ass. Of the four that stand out in my mind as especially arrogant, 3 were from Dallas/ Fort Worth.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:32 PM

Texan here. 5K+ posts and no asterisks <---- hey I even know how to spell this word! And how to pronounce it... So that's gotta mean something, right? Actually I'm a huge arrogant jerk IRL. But that part of me was born in Missouri. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2007, 11:39 PM

<----DFW

what you are probably being exposed to is the bubble. there is a nice little group of rich westsiders in fort worth who live in the bubble who are very rich and snobby. they mainly hang out and do business with each other.

this same dynamic exists in dallas in the form of highland park. it is probably a bigger group in dallas because it is a bigger city, so there are more people and there is more money.

the thing about these bubbles is that while the people are usually just horrible to be around, they live in amazing houses, beautiful areas, and amazing country clubs. The goal is to live in the bubble and not hang out with anyone from the bubble.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol highland park and plano west come to mind as both.

I think the people who live in more rural parts are a lot worse and a lot more like the stereotypical texan
Old 08-22-2007, 12:06 AM

I am origionally from teh plano Texas. I was raised by hippies who later became the stereotypes they hated. Texas is actually pretty awesome, and has way more cool liberal people than most central states(and more to do).On the other hand- Kansas, that is a FKtarded state....
Old 08-22-2007, 01:15 AM

<---Texan, born, raised, and living in ... how do you feel about me, Lionel?