Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: Famous people at my work (part II)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Link to part one that explains your job and where you work?

[/ QUOTE ]
I work for a post-production studio in DC...

[/ QUOTE ]Well this would increase the Marion Berry idea.

Also, that last part with the Champ is really awesome, and makes someone in Clarence Thomas's position seem personal, and really nice/funny.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Famous people at my work (part II)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hi BlueMonster,

i was wondering if you'd be willing to talk a bit about what the post-production scene is like in DC, and who i should start talking to, etc etc.

i have a very solid resume for a 24 year old audio engineer....mostly music, but a decent amount of post too. i'm currently freelancing in NYC and more and more im thinking that i could really use a relocation. NY is starting to wear on me and the cost of living is just [censored] horrendous.

thanks,

jon

[/ QUOTE ]

DC is much nicer than NY but the cost of living difference is almost the same. It's mad expensive to live/work in DC in your mid-20's thats why I live in the beltway.

Check out this cost of living calculator
http://cgi.money.cnn.com/tools/costo...tofliving.html

[/ QUOTE ]
not to derail this too much, but yeah, DC is quite expensive. I live in Silver Spring, MD which is a 15 minute Metro ride to work and a much better comfort to cost ratio

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh, DC has a cost of living equal to NYC? No [censored] way. Doesn't even pass the laugh test, DC is midrange when it comes to major city cost of living with NYC at the peak. There's a [censored] load of cities between the two, comparisons are a joke.

Also, dude who confused Clarence Thomas with Marion Barry needs to delete the post, close his account, and try to start fresh. Maybe in time he can get past this.

J