Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 09:54 AM

Default Re: 25/50 Stars Hand

Hi Taylor,

I'd be pretty tempted to call this one. No one has mentioned yet (unless I missed it) that he'd be pretty likely to raise the flop or the turn with most hands they're saying you'll lose to now. A8s? JTs? These hands normally pump the pot full of lead somewhere earlier. A hand I could see him playing like this might be QJs, but I'd expect him to raise coming in with this. I haven't played Grandiose in about a year, but when we did play, I don't remember him being that unorthodox; I remember him trying a lot of dumb bluffs, on the basis that his opponents just didn't like to call large bets without the nuts. He probably plays different/better now; he's only like 14, if I remember correctly [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2006, 10:04 AM

you personally do not like the river bet???

this would be worst river check ever.

there are some really bad ideas in this thread IMO, like EM2's comment would qualify.

I'd probably call here some of the time versus grandiose depending on how things were going. You do beat more than a bluff often, and grandiose is not scared to bluff.

-Jason
Old 12-06-2006, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
after looking at this again, this looks like a good spot to bluff a river with any two cards, esp. the As.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-06-2006, 03:00 PM

Don't know whether you should call or not, but it does look like a good bluffing spot for him.

the way you played it, your most likely hand would be Ax or a set and should have a hard time calling on both a straight/flush-possible board.

-g
Old 12-06-2006, 03:02 PM

Taylor,

Your hand to me looks like AK. I don't think he thinks u'd reraise from that early position full ring with a hand like 98 or 77 like you did (I haven't played with you in full ring so this might be completely off base) If I am the villain and put you on AK or MAYBE missed diamonds, I am check raising this river with a ton. I don't think he ever expects you to pay him off here and its a call. I might be biased by the recent plague of river check raise bluffing that has happened, but just my feeling.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:08 PM

strassa,
i dont think there are any pushes here that i beat that arent bluffs. even if for some reason he has A8 or A9, the possibility of me having TJ or the flush makes me think there is no way he is pushing without beating or having one of those hands (unless he is bluffing).

he instantly shoved in on the river and it seemed to me like he had planned it before i even bet, which usually is not a bluff in my experience because literally i dont think he had enough time to see and think about what i even bet (what if i bet closer to the pot size or even over pot size and HAD to call with AK, much less a set). he also checked pretty quickly to me and i would think if he was setting up some bluff he would at least take a second or two to consider whether or not HE should shove in on the river.

[censored], this hand pisses me off because i wish i knew what he was limping with UTG and check/calling 2 streets with. my guess is he did have either TJ or TJss and was ahead, but i sure would like to see it.

i think overall i should have called only because its very close either way, and i actually learn something about the opponent and i don't really know too much about how these stars full ring games play yet.

tc
Old 12-06-2006, 03:10 PM

ps rekrul check out my blog. jk

tc
Old 12-06-2006, 03:43 PM

you're next buddy
Old 12-06-2006, 03:51 PM

So if he had paused, then pushed, on the river, you would have been more likely to call?
Old 12-06-2006, 03:59 PM

grandiose insta pushes bluffs and made hands he's very consistent and believe me calling here is a 100% don't put him on hands in this situation just click call and rake