Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2007, 12:28 AM

Default FullTilt WSOP qualifiers

There was a thread started during the forum upgrade about this, that was apparently lost in the rollback. Apparently, several FT players who had won online sats for the WSOP have been advised that the problems with Harrah's and 3rd party payments have been unsolvable, and hence, FT was just depositing $10K directly into the players' accounts.

I was saddened and surprised to hear about this, especially since I had been given some assurances by people in a position to know about such things that Harrah's was going to be doing its best to "look the other way" with respect to such issues.

Are any other sites known to be taking this approach? I won my ME seat on 'Stars this year, and so far, they've given me no indication that buying me into the event is going to be a problem.

One thing is for sure: If FT's policy becomes the norm, then the number of entrants in this year's ME will go way down. Most people will just pocket the $10K, rather than go to the trouble of cashing the money out of their accounts, and then getting to Vegas and buying their own way in. Sad...