Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 03:56 AM

Default Re: What do you fear?

It's obvious most of your guys are kidless.

I fear my kids getting seriously sick (already happened once) or seriously injured.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:01 AM

I fear having fear or panicking. For those of you who have panic attacks or bad anxiety then you know what I am talking about. It's the worst feeling of fear that you could ever feel, and it is for no reason at all.

And also, commitment. I have a small issue with this.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:09 AM

Also this.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:03 AM

I have a fear of heights but only when there is a definate possibility of falling off. E.g. top of a cliff with no railing = scary, i probably wouldn't approach the edge. Top of the Empire State building, big [censored] off railing = no problem.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i fear getting old and losing intelligence. i dont wanna forget peoples names or what my kids look like or something. that would be awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, Alzheimer's is possibly the most terrifying thing in the world.

also don't like heights.
or any sort of social confrontation. 9 times out of 10 i'll eat something completely different from what i ordered rather than ask the waitress to fix it.
somehow high stakes live poker doesn't make me at all nervous though. even if i make people mad at me and get yelled at.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:42 AM

1) Making a bad life decision and being "trapped" in the wrong relationship, career path, town, "direction," etc. I think this shares some features with the oft-cited "fear of commitment."

2) Going crazy. I don't feel like it's imminent or unavoidable or anything, but I have some concern that my rather standard neurosis will eventually flame-up into some full-on screw-loosening.

3) General life dissatisfaction. I don't want to get twenty years down the line and still be saying "so this is pretty much it, huh?" I think marriage and kids should go a long way to addressing this (eventually).
Old 05-19-2007, 03:14 PM

My worst fear come true would be if al qaeda members droped out of planes right on my town and just went around killing people and taking hostages......

that and canibal midgets
Old 05-19-2007, 03:51 PM

I have a fear of my parents doing anything but living another 20 relatively healthy years, especially of one of them dying suddenly.

I have a fear that I'm going to be tortured some day, particularly that my testicles will be crushed with a hammer. The image of this is always popping into my head.

Oh yeah, anything happening to my friend's daughter whom I've sort of helped raise.

And a fear of rolling my car. But since I've actually done that twice, it's definitely not an irrational fear.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:37 PM

Getting a job. Seriously, I'm not just trying to be cute. My job experience to date:

I was ~15, a friend of mine was sick and he asked me to be a side-line referee (not the main referee) for a soccer game. I play soccer, I know what offside is etc.

I was extremely nervous, screwed up a lot, got yelled at a bit, and totally hated the experience

I was ~17 and I was working this concession stand which was a fundraiser. Again, I hated it. Every time a customer came up I got really nervous, and I'd worry about screwing something up and pissing him off. I was just selling packets of candy and drinks, lol

When I imagine what a job would be like, I imagine I'm always deathly afraid of being incompetent, and getting my boss pissed off/disappointed in me

What does this all mean?
Old 05-19-2007, 06:01 PM

The taxman and clowns.